Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make this point nicely?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so we moved here for me to take care of my mom. Well, she's gotten to the point where I think she'd rather just give up. She is using a walker and it hurts her to walk and she needs help getting up from the couch but I'm not strong enough to lift her. My dad was here this week but he's going out of town for the rest of the year except for the weekends.

I can not physically or mentally handle taking care of her. She was overly needy before all this and that even drove me nuts. Me and my husband have full-time jobs, I have 2 toddlers, school, and a house to keep clean. I feel like I am drowning with no light at the end of the tunnel.

lf anyone suggests getting my husband or dad to help clean, cook, or take care of the kids or her.....fat chance. My dad will help get her stuff she needs and move and cook her meals. Yet, I'm stuck cleaning the nasty areas that they just let get dirty because they are lazy. And my husband just started a new job so he's stressed and tired, yet it would be nice if he would help but he wont.

I feel like running away...far far away!!!!!!!!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
savedbygrace316
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I'm sorry momma.  I hate to ask this but have you considered a home for her?  OR maybe hiring someone to come in and help out just a few hours a day?

GADawgMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Well she's only 59 so it's not like she's old so a home would be really weird and the nurse at the ER told her that if she didn't try to get better then that's where she would end up. I can't afford to have someone come to the house and help her.

I am completely overwhelmed!!!! I go downstairs and I just was to start screaming and calling everyone nasty slobs. All everyone ever says is "I'm sorry". Never has anyone asked what they can do to help and my husband has been getting on to me about my school and it's like if I'm not trying to get some sleep or taking care of the kids then I'm cleaning or cooking for everyone!!!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM

You can go to a memcial supply and rent a hoist. Some are portable enough to move around the house and can be a big help.

Petyonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:11 PM

you can try to get her medical company to get someone to come in and help. im a CNA thats what i do... you can get a "home health agency to have a staff member come in for a few hours to help and they can bill her insurance. also i hate to say it but this is the CNA side of me saying it because ive seen it over and over again- shes got to want to get better! if shes just going to give up shes going to go down hill fast (from my experience that is)  if you would like to talk u can pm me or message me. i also took care of my grandmother that is what made me get i n to the field im in, ive seen alot. soo feel free to talk to me even if its just to scream. hope this helps... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)