Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If given the choice would you ....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: To vaccinate against pox or not

Options:

Vaccinate

Exposure

Other (we like the other option around here)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Get your child vaccinated against chicken pox? Or have a pox party?

A blog on babycenter got me thinking about this. I remember being little and getting thrown together with the rest of the neighborhood kids when one of us got it. All the moms were just hoping we would catch it at the same time and get it over with. Plus it probably made thier lives easier having 12 sick kids and noone running around for a few days LOL We all know chicken pox (the disease itself) has risks. So does the vaccine. Also, I have known quite a few people whose kids got vaccinated, and then ended up with chicken pox anyways. So, vaccine with semi-annual boosters, witht he chance of catching it anyway? Or exposure adn gettin it over with at an early age?

Please do not bash any moms whose opinions may differ from yours on this subject or I will delete this post.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OutlawMUA
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM

pox party if we can.. hard to find though.

kristy0833
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM

my son got the chicken pox from the vax.. LOL

SamNStefanMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Given that it is kind of a "family tradition" (lack of a better term LOL) and, in my family at least, noone has gotten deathly ill from pox I would probably do a pox party IF I could find some kid that hasn't been vaccinated and actually had chicken pox.

kristy0833

id like to add i didnt want the vax.. the dr did it anyway.. sneeky bastard

Kaelansmom

Vax... I had the pox three times as a child.. exposure didn't do crap for me. My sis had the vax, caught it once and was no where as bad as I was...

mandafox
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:29 PM
I think a pox party sounds like fun! Lol. I just hope my kids don't get as sick as I did when I got it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pyle

Quoting OutlawMUA:

pox party if we can.. hard to find though.

SamNStefanMommy

Now don't you wish you would have saved him the pain of that extra shot? LOL That was sarcasm by the way :)

Quoting kristy0833:

my son got the chicken pox from the vax.. LOL

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:30 PM

With my three sons I had them exposed ( before vax was even offered) because back then it wasn't IF they got chicken pox it was when.  so you tried to get them not too young or they could get it again and not too old as it could be worse the older they got.  With 3 kids you tried to get them all at once so you could take care of them at once and not miss work for three separate cases.  Now that said with my DD I got her vaxed.

proudmomma1986
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:30 PM
Pox party...it's what my parents did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)