Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the Non-Vax'ing Parents....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM
  • 31 Replies

This is not a bash by no means:

I was just curious to when your kid's get to school how do you get away with not vacinating?

My child's school called me last year when my son needed the 2nd chicken pox vax and this other vax and told me if he didn't have them by may 1st of that year he couldn't return until he had recieved them.

So I went and had it done, But just curious to how you get away with not having it done? I thought vaxing was a personal discision but the school was forcing me or else he couldnt return to school.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chocolat-smiles
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

i.heart.rachel

I filled out a waiver saying we do not vax for ____ reasons. They will use scare tactics and try to get everyone to think that you HAVE to vax. And the school nurse will usually be an asshole if you do not vax.

Npace0108

BUMP

gulfcoastmom4

most states have waivers.

nessy1980
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

There are exemption forms for the non vaccinating moms.

marmie41
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM

My state allows the parents to sign a waiver form and the school must accept said form and allow the child to enroll.   I did not have to list any religions or medical reason as to why she would not be getting the chicken pox vac.

Npace0108

Yes I noticed my son's nurse seemed a bit frustrated that he had not had that vaccine but I wasn't aware he hadn't had it and needed it at that time.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I filled out a waiver saying we do not vax for ____ reasons. They will use scare tactics and try to get everyone to think that you HAVE to vax. And the school nurse will usually be an asshole if you do not vax.

.kk.
I filled out a philosophical waiver and had to have it signed by their pediatrician.
NickiNavarro
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Different states have different laws. In my state you can opt out for medical or religious reasons. I claim religion. In some states you have the choice of philosophical reasons as well. My kids aren't in school yet, but I will have to pull the religion card.

cherry41089
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Yep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)