Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could this be an allergic reaction???

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
My one year old likes spicy food. She'd eat those jalepeno cheetos all day if I'd let her. (just so you know, I don't give her spicy stuff very often, don't wanna mess up her tummy) anyway, we were at taco bell today, and I was giving her a few bits of my tortilla. She was really into the hot sauce packets, so I put a little drop of hot sauce on my finger to give to her. She liked it!!! However, after we left, I noticed that the area around her mouth was red and blotchy. It was gone after about ten minutes. What could have caused that???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cindy1023
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM

she could just have sensitive skin, and some sauce happened to get on her skin or licked her lips or something like that.  It could also be an allergic reaction, my sons face usually gets blotchy around the mouth when he has a reaction to something, but doesn't usually go away that quickly without allergy medication.

alicia.bear
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Hmm...that makes sense. Me and my brother have pretty sensitive skin. Thanks!!!

Quoting Cindy1023:

she could just have sensitive skin, and some sauce happened to get on her skin or licked her lips or something like that.  It could also be an allergic reaction, my sons face usually gets blotchy around the mouth when he has a reaction to something, but doesn't usually go away that quickly without allergy medication.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM

oils in the hot sauce? I am not sure, but my GFs kid would get that after eating at mcdonalds so they quit going there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)