Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How come we can't see the view counter anymore on posts?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Or is it just my CM that doesn't have it anymore?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bikerchickmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM

i haven't seen it for a while so i'm assuming they just got rid of it.

tscritch
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Nope, not just yours. I was wondering that myself........

Aamy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I asked this long time ago. They took it off for what ever reason. I know lots of ppl where getting their feelings hurt cause THEIR post wasnt getting 900 bazillion views and complaining about it. 

Shaynas_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:25 PM

It's only on CM owned groups. Private groups still have it, but I'm glad it's gone in here.

coug7099
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

We discussed this recently in the CM Discussion group. Aamy is exactly right. They did it around the time that the big groups had that rush of posts trying to get more views than the other posts were getting. I missed it at first but now I don't even notice anymore.

Quoting Aamy:

I asked this long time ago. They took it off for what ever reason. I know lots of ppl where getting their feelings hurt cause THEIR post wasnt getting 900 bazillion views and complaining about it. 

Aamy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Quoting coug7099:

We discussed this recently in the CM Discussion group. Aamy is exactly right. They did it around the time that the big groups had that rush of posts trying to get more views than the other posts were getting. I missed it at first but now I don't even notice anymore.

Quoting Aamy:

I think its stupid. Who cares if a post doesn't get as many views as someone else's ??? That's why there are TONS of groups out there, MANY different places to ask or post your post. But then again we have to cater to those that get their feelings hurt to easily. 

SecretKeeper574
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Because of asses like me that see someone complain "oh my post has 100 views and only 1 answer!"  and hit refresh 1209 times without responding.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM

i asked caferobin and she said they turned them off cuz ppl where getting mad that ppl would view post but not reply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)