Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should those who collect PA............

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 73 Replies

Poll

Question: Have to repay the Government what they collected once they find a job?

Options:

yes

no

why get a job, better off on welfare!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 117

View Results

Alot of you are saying that is what our taxes are for. If it was to be paid back, in a reasonable time frame, at a modest amt., do you think that would help make our taxes go down and help our deficit?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greeneyedgrl88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:20 PM
I think they should have to either pay it back in cash or volunteer work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koolmom343
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Im going to say no.............because they got on help because they have no money for food or bills, if they are required to pay it back as soon as they find work, then they will still be in the same boat.  Sometimes people fall on  hard times, if they had worked all their lives up to this point then they have paid there taxes in and I dont see why they should have to pay twice.

Metalmommaof1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

i dont believe they should have to pay it back. If they got laid off and they are struggling to need PA, why should they have to struggle when they do obtain a job? they will be struggling just as much as if they were on PA.

TygerLily62
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Quoting koolmom343:

Im going to say no.............because they got on help because they have no money for food or bills, if they are required to pay it back as soon as they find work, then they will still be in the same boat.  Sometimes people fall on  hard times, if they had worked all their lives up to this point then they have paid there taxes in and I dont see why they should have to pay twice.

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:25 PM

If they had to pay it back it would keep them in the horrible cycle of poverty even longer. But after being on it a year I think they should have to volunteer or do something to prove they are not just sitting on their asses..

mommy22boyz357
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:25 PM

No, they shouldn't. Everyone pays taxes, whether they want to or not, and there is money reserved for these programs. I don't see how someone could go from needing public assistance to repaying it very quickly.

greeneyedgrl88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Volunteering time is free, that won't keep them at poverty level!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HannaH666
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Nope. That's what taxes are for.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM

No.  That money is already set aside for that purpose.

greeneyedgrl88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM
There are some who don't pay taxes....

Quoting HannaH666:

Nope. That's what taxes are for.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)