Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Savings Bonds Question

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 7 Replies
My parents claim to have bought me savings bonds as a child. With their selfish spending habits I doubt they are still there. I had a flood when I was six yrs old that they say saved the bonds and put them back into the basement of our old house. Since then I have moved from PA to IL. How do I find out if they have cashed them or not or if I even have any. FYI My parents both have shit for money skills. They'd rather "pay bills" then get me braces which I am in desprate need of. So I'm hoping that if they still have the bonds or if they exist that I can somehome get duplicates and cash them out so I can get money for braces.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM

bump i have no idea

sexychica25
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM
Bump, I wanna see where this goes, my son has a sb.
OP,really, braces aren't cheap. Hell I need braces and ins doesn't cover them and I have to "pay bills" sometimes you gotta suck it up and deal with life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by Nicole on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

Nameismommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:08 PM

I KNOW braces are expensive. And because my parents fucked around on getting them it's even more expensive because I need more work now. and "pay bills" is not what they did. who the fuck knows what they did with their money but if they really paid their bills they wouldn't have lost the house.

Quoting sexychica25:

OP,really, braces aren't cheap. Hell I need braces and ins doesn't cover them and I have to "pay bills" sometimes you gotta suck it up and deal with life.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers
Nameismommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM

BUMP!

sexychica25
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM
Like I said suck it up, its life. Do what I'm doing and SAVE UP! Just because your parents didn't do what YOU felt like they should have done you can't cry foul now, what's done is done. I'm assuming your grown and with at least one child. So its time to pack up the pity party and move the hell on.

Quoting Nameismommy:

I KNOW braces are expensive. And because my parents fucked around on getting them it's even more expensive because I need more work now. and "pay bills" is not what they did. who the fuck knows what they did with their money but if they really paid their bills they wouldn't have lost the house.

Quoting sexychica25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Savings bonds really dont mature that fast....

My kids each got one from a great aunt when they were born. 50.00 ones. They got them 25 and 23 yrs ago. I looked up on the net how much they are worth now...there's a site you can go to if you have the bond..and put in certain numbers on the bond, etc. and it tells you what its worth...

Pffttt! Her 50.00 bond that she's had for 23 yrs was only worth about 76.00.  She took it anyway and cashed it in...if she was to wait till its worth ALOT of money, she'd be dead before that ever happened.

My son still has his...he said it wasnt that big of a deal and tojust hang onto it for him. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)