Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 year old is playing with.... (This could possibly be a long one)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

Her 2nd cousin, my first cousin Terry Dale.  The problem w/ that is, he passed away 15 years ago.  When he was 19, he fell 100 feet from a cliff and died instantly when he hit his head on the way down.  This was the most devastating thing to ever happen to my family.  He and my brother were like brothers growing up because they were only a few months apart, and of course that him like a 2nd big brother to me.  We all lived within 1 mile from each other. 

My daughter doesn't really know anyone from my side of the family except my parents.  The reason for this is because she is biracial and my family consists of a bunch of ignorant racists who think I will burn in hell for marrying and having a child w/ a black man.  Now that theres a little background, here's the events from the night.  I was taking a bath and Timia is going in and out of the bathroom knocking on the door so I can say "come in", she likes to pretend she is going somewhere so she can "visit" me.  So anyway, she comes in and looks at me and asks what my name is, so I make one up and say "hi I'm Patty, who are you".  She then says, I'm a boy and my name is Terry".  I said okay Terry who, she says Terry Dale, silly.  This completely shocked me because I have NEVER talked about him around her, in fact I don't talk about him much at all to anyone. I didn't know what to say after that.  I asked her "do you know anyone named Terry Dale?"  She said "Of course mommy he's my cousin".....I'm about to burst into tears at this point.  I asked her where does she see him and she said he plays w/ her all the time, they do puzzles and draw (he was an amazingly talented artist).  She said he wears a green hat and is very handsome (he was buried in a green nike hat because his head was so messed up we couldn't have an open casket w/out a hat, but he wore one all the time anyway so it worked out).  I'm just so amazed right now, I have never had anything like this happen to me before and I feel a sense of comfort now...is that weird to feel?  Almost like I am happy and feel like he IS still here w/ me. 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mama07Shorty
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

no thats not weird at all =) he just came to play and more then likely look are her. After my son was born i swore to everyone that my gma and gpa who had passed were coming and talking to him and i believe to this day cause i'll catch him talking to thin air when he is by himself in his room

ErikaM27
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I would feel the same way as you.

Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

oh that gave me chills thats amazing you should take photos of your house and post it in the psychic realm I think its called and see if anyone can read your house for him and i'd take a picture of your daughter to.. wow amazing

kitty8199
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Wow.  I don't have words.  That is crazy, and awesome.  

lostandfound34
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:53 PM

isnt it cool?? Do take pics around the house and show them!

knagsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:54 PM

kids are closer to the spirit world because being there so close to now. my son is 3 and is very close to spirits. i think that you cousin wanted u to know that he is still around and that ur daughter is a great child.

my sons visitors arent always the nicest when they come. one came at 9:30pm at the time she passed to say goodbye to him. made him cry for 2 weeks before he could understand that she was in heaven watching out for him. you should feel happy that he is near

JAJA_Steele
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Seriously I think thats amazing.

Carolannie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Wow~~that is so neat! 

luvmyTimia
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Thanks ladies...I was starting to feel like I might be crazy.!!!  I tried to call my mom to tell her about it but she wasn't home.  She is gonna freak when I tell her.  It's kind of funny because I am tempted to start talking to him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)