Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is so freaking petty!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

OK, my so (he is my dd's dad) and i have been back together for about 4 months now. And I am the first to admit that my family is  not at all the easist to get along with. They are all control freaks and tend to be two faced. But they are also kind enough to let me live with them, with my child, rent free. And I can use my mom's car when i need/want to (which need happens like a million times more than want). So I count myself thankful and lucky that I can look for a job and try to get on my feet with the support of my family.

Well he hates my family. And I mean hates. He want to only see us if we go to his brothers house where he is staying till he can find a new job (he is a bit picky, he had a good one but he said the 2 hour to and from bus ride 7 days a week was too much), but he job hunts every day and calls back every place he goes to. And quite honestly, I want to spend time with  just him, not his brother and sister in law. And they don't have much at all for a 3 year old to do at their place so my dd gets insanely bored up there even if i take toys.

I told him tonight that he is being petty. I have things I have to do here. Then when I have the car during the day I have to pick my mom up from work, so that gives us about 2 hours to spend together anyway. So that is 2 hours he can see his kid because he refuses to come down here at all because he hates my family that much. He said that I need to get off my high horse about this because he is "not being petty and he won't put up with them whispering things into my ear". Which no, they don't, they yell things in my face. I told him he is punishing both me and her by doing this. So while he is up there job hunting during the day and playing his little games all night, I'm down here busting my ass job hunting and taking care of his kid and helping around the house of my family who were kind enough to let me live here.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks he is being petty? I do love him, but this is aggrivating.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Branchuchan
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Honestly I would point out that even though he hates your family...  they are his family too.  And if he wants to have a relationship with his daughter then he needs to get his priorities straight.  What's more important?  Grinning and bearing it till you can move out and seeing his daughter, or playing his games at night?

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:44 PM

You can't drop your family, they'll always be around. He is going to have to learn to get along.

NSideCognizance
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I agree, but there is no convincing him of that. Just from the people I live with he doesn't even want to meet the rest of my family (who are, surprisingingly, nothing like the ones I live with). But his mom warned me, that he is more stubborn than a mountain. I just never thought it would actually effect our relationship.

I tried talking to him on facebook, and he told me that i'm just trying to play games with him and he don't play mind games. I told him no, that at least at my house we can go to mine and my dd's room and it just be the 3 of us. We argued for about an hour and while we agree that my family sucks personality wise, we do not agree on the course of action at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)