Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena birth control

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM
  • 25 Replies

Who has had it and what are the side effects.  I am going in on the 27 and what something more permant is it worth it. 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM
I didn't like it. It accidentally got pulled out the 26th of Sep. I got pregnant 2 weeks later. I had it 2 yrs. It works for a lot of women with no side effects. Just not for me, I'm sensitive to B.C.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lordsmircal
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I currently have it going on my 4th year... I LOVE IT and recommend it to anyone looking for low maintaince and semipermenant! I personally haven't felt any of the side effects some other have. The only thing I can report is the men get poked during intercourse with it!

Holly.
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I hate mine, and I regret getting it. I have had 10 ovarian cysts and 2 endometrial infections in the 2.5 years I've had it (all of which doctors say is a direct cause of the Mirena, because I never had any of these problems before I got it). Unfortunately I can not get it out until I can afford the $300 it's going to cost (insurance won't cover it and Planned Parenthood scratched away at my insides for 2 hours and couldn't get it out either).

PrincessPeach06
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I have had it for 2 years and I do like the lighter/no periods (they come and go) but I just found out I have an enlarged uterus and I've never had problems before so I'm worried the Mirena is to blame.  I have an u/s next week.  Some women have complained about weight gain and I lost 30 pounds while on it (diet and exercise) but will have entire months where I am 5-7 pounds heavier for no reason.  Then the weight will be gone overnight.

~Kelly~
Mom to 3 boys ages 12,10 & 6
and 3 girls ages 8, 4 & 2

leli1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM
I have had it for a few years now. I took it out to get pregnant and I did get prego a couple weeks later.I now have it again and I still love it! No side effects no period no worries!hehe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crystal_Jewell
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Run away..Far Far away from the Mirena!!  

I had mine in for 10 months and was in constant pain which i was told was normal I even had it checked 4 or 5 times.  I went in for my pap and was told it was coming so they went ahead and took it out.  7 days later I found out I was pregnant with my DD.  

http://mirena-awareness.webs.com/

LovelyMother88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I'm on it, haven't really had any side effects. I have had it for 2 years.

LovelyMother88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:42 PM

lol that's when you need to trim the strings

Quoting lordsmircal:

I currently have it going on my 4th year... I LOVE IT and recommend it to anyone looking for low maintaince and semipermenant! I personally haven't felt any of the side effects some other have. The only thing I can report is the men get poked during intercourse with it!

lupe_wheeler
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I have the paraguard and I LOVE it I think its the best bc I have been on ever!

crazyangel_52
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:48 PM

i just had mine taken out cause it caused me to get ovarian cysts, i didn't have a problem with them before i got the damn thing put in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)