Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O DO YOU LOOK DOWN ON A MOM ....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM
  • 217 Replies

who has to take medication for depression, anxiety, or any other mental illness. Someone made a comment that she wouldn't be too impressed by a mother who openly admitted she takes these drugs. It doesn't look good on their character.

I was put on Zoloft for depression, so obviously I disagree, but what do you think?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:28 PM
nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HomeSweetHome77
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:29 PM

no my mom SUCKED before she took zoloft.. when she took care of herself by medicating her mental issue she was fun and happy ! =)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM

As long as they take care of themselves and their family, i wont look down on them.  I frown upon the ones that obviously have depression but wont seek any kind of help to treat it.

kayandjsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. I was sucky for minute there too.

Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

no my mom SUCKED before she took zoloft.. when she took care of herself by medicating her mental issue she was fun and happy ! =)

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Well, there is more to a person's character than that, so no.

zboys
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Not at all 'cause it's been a part of my life since I was a child.

armywifenmom09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I would be more inclined to look down on a mother who needed those medications and DIDN'T take them. Mental disorders, if not controlled, can have a severe negative impact on children. I applaud a mother who will do what she needs to do to be the best mother she can be.

m0ml0v3s2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:33 PM

no way

!

PhotoMama88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Quoting armywifenmom09:

I would be more inclined to look down on a mother who needed those medications and DIDN'T take them. Mental disorders, if not controlled, can have a severe negative impact on children. I applaud a mother who will do what she needs to do to be the best mother she can be.

ShellyDarlene
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I actually think it's a sign of a good mother to realize that you have a problem that may effect your ability to parent and then get help. Whats worse getting help or not being able to care for your child?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)