Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI but I need help

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

I delivered my son about 3 and a half weeks ago. My OB had to cut me to get him out. Well she put a bunch of stitches in down there and i've been in pain all day. So I had my husband look and it says that the stitches are gone and theres a hole there. It really hurts. I'm gonna call my OB in the morning but is this normal? Should I have healed before my stitches got absorbed?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Amiebugs
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:36 PM

bump

LilrockerMama
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM

BUMP!

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I would probably keep a good eye on it,and if it starts bleeding or what not goto the ER, make sure you Tell your OB you need to get in TODAY when you call her that its an emergency.

I had to have an episiotomy and there was no hole.. anywhere..  I was in pain for a few weeks form the whole delivery and heeling but mostly swelling.

PhotoMama88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Owie! Bump!

brandi2781
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I would probably keep a good eye on it,and if it starts bleeding or what not goto the ER, make sure you Tell your OB you need to get in TODAY when you call her that its an emergency.

I had to have an episiotomy and there was no hole.. anywhere..  I was in pain for a few weeks form the whole delivery and heeling but mostly swelling.

I agree with this ^^^

v8v
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM

That doesnt sound normal. You probably need to go in to get restiched again. They missed something. You probably wont die from it, but you wont heal right either. You also might have issues in the future with it snagging or something. Cringe, thinking about the snag lol.

Twofeathers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Episiotomy stitches usually dissolve in 10-14 days. However, if you are having discomfort, bleeding, or feel like the perineal area is open at the site of the episiotomy, you should call your doctor to see if they want you to come in.  

MegB8402
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm calling my OB in the morning. Which is going to suck cuz hubby has back surgery at 1 pm tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)