Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THIS is what christmas is about....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM
  • 40 Replies

A few weeks ago - I expressed an interest in helping out a cafe mom family on here, and I got a large response.

Well it boiled down to 5 Families, 11 children that I wanted to help.

I'm not a rich girl, so I solicited my family and my friends, online and in real life, and everyone gave and gave so generously.

I haven't had such a warm, loving joyful feeling at christmas like I have now in years and years.. to see so many of the people I love and surround myself with give , without thought, when we all have so little ourselves, I have to say its truly breath taking.

Of course its great to give a few trinkets to the boys and girls out there in need and help their parents face the holiday with a bit less of a heavy heart.

Everyone is thanking ME for doing this - and I honestly have to thank YOU ALL everyone who participated, in need or gift (some of you in both!)  I think I have gotten the best christmas ever!!!!

THIS is what love does!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM

That is awesome!! Love love love it!

jessil83
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

WOW thats incredible good job

BeckieLea
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM

How WONDERFUL! I can't wait for my turn to join in on what Christmas is really about! I can't wait to help. Hopefully next year!  

activitymode
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:47 PM
That is so awesome :) you are an amazing person!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBDslittlemam08

Wow that is amazing! Thank you for sharing that. I'm so happy a childs Christmas wish will be fulfilled.

ForeverMeme

Love is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raegansmom

That's awesome!!!!

ToraMay
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:49 PM

cool

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Very nice!  Thank you for taking time out of your life to help others.  You are absolutely right, that is really what Xmas is about.

you rock

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:50 PM

You are a beautiful person and this had me in tears. What a generous thing to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)