Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE ( bi polar)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

what the hell do you mean by you know how they are?????  If your not bi polar then you should keep your mouth shut about it.  This is not a debate about prescription drugs , but illegal ones, people that have mental disorders take meds everyday to remain what society tells us is normal. I raised two boys and have a very healthy life, meds are part of a daily routine, they did not affect my ability to be a good mom, or wife or friend, they made me a better person all the way around. Your statement about wondering if the friendship was really worth it, because she did not make a good impression on you! Most of the time talking about the depression helps and your judging her for talking to you.  What a fucking ass you are.  I sincerly hope you are never faced with depression or bi polar, god forbid you have to take meds everyday.  NOW IM GOING TO GET MY COFFEE AND SMOKES AND HAVE A GOOD OL TIME.

Quote:

See now your just playing on my words...im sorry if i am trying to clean my house while answering these questions that you and many people have asked me , so i dont detail my every thought.

There is admitting that you take these prescribed drugs , and then there is going to the extreme.

For instance, i know of one person that the first time talking to her within 5 minutes she was telling me that she was on all these meds for all these disorders and that she has bipolar and what not ..again NOT that she is in any fault for having these conditions...but it makes a person wonder if its worth the friendship or not ...its not a very good impression...i know about bipolar, i have lived with a person that had it ...i know how they are ...its not something that is taken lightly by any means. But perhaps letting the person get to know you for you first, and not pointing out the diseases may make things a little easier in the long run for both the person with the disease and the person they are talking too.

Right now, anything i say is going to be nit picked at ...so go ahead ...be my guest....im done for the night. Im no longer explaining myself by any means ....its ridiculous...so i am going to go spend some time with my SO, sober and straight

Good night.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
koolmom343
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM

BUMP!

slipperfeet
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:36 AM

awww, don't let it bother you. forget people like that, they're not worth your time xo

hugs

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Hugs! I've have a few friends with bipolor and they are the best, rarely judge and always there.

koolmom343
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:10 PM

People like her have no clue,  they judge to easily.

Quoting slipperfeet:

awww, don't let it bother you. forget people like that, they're not worth your time xo

hugs

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Wow.  My bff has bi polar disorder, and she's my rock!  I couldn't survive in a world without her!  My dh has it, and its silly to say all people with a disorder are the same!  There are varying degrees of any disease.  For example, I might have a child with add, but its not a very severe case.  But yours might be very severe of a case, and your child is very hard to handle.  Every disorder varies in severity, just as aspergers is like autism its on the spectrum but its very mild compared to autism.  It's on the spectrum but mild.  And autism symptoms vary by individual.  Just like bi polar disorder varies by individual.  Wow.  She sounds peachy.  Ignore her!

koolmom343
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

Kaelansmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM

well damn, that was offensive... though, people like that are not worth your time... certainly not worth mine

I am bipolar and unless I am having an episode, you would never know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)