Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's time.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

For the record, we haven't really done anything with our kitchen because my plan has been to remodel it.  The appliances are all very old, the cabinets were abused by the previous owner, it's closed in (not open concept), and the layout just doesn't work for me.

So...since we'd be getting new cabinets, installing granite, all new appliances, and moving around the plumbing to accommade the new layout that I want...we've been waiting until we have enough cash saved up so we can just get it all at once and be done with it.

But now our fridge is acting up.  It's leaking on our hardwood floor. 

So I want y'alls opinions, please:

Black vs. Stainless Steel

Freezer on top vs. Freezer on bottom

Counter Depth vs. Traditional

One big door vs. French doors

And feel free to post any pictures of your dream kitchens (even if that happens to be your own)! 

***But if it does happen to be your own, please be wary of claiming it since this group does happen to get really upset and offended when others might have nice things.  It's only okay to want nice things sometimes.  Not to have them.***

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Fun!

I like stainless steel, freezer on the bottom, and one big door. I'm not sure what counter depth or traditional is?

Sagely
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:12 AM

BUMP!

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Sounds fun!

I prefer white to stainless or black though...but Id probably have to go with stainless between the 2.

French door, freezer on the bottom.

and lmao @ your last paragraph! How very true!

Sagely
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Counter depth is when the front of the fridge sits flush with the front of your counter (rather than sticking out roughly 4" or so)

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

Fun!

I like stainless steel, freezer on the bottom, and one big door. I'm not sure what counter depth or traditional is?

Sagely
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:06 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shabbypink123
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM

I love this kitchen. Just look at all the cabinets!

"There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life."

~John Lennon~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)