Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much does it cost?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

I got some stuff for my cousin and friend who are in Iraq right now..its about a shoe box full of stuff for each of them. About how much does it cost to send packages over there?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:33 PM

BUMP!

bluelola
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM

It will depend on the weight of the parcels.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM

go to the post office and find out we really cant help much we dont know how much it weights or where exactly it is going the post office could tell you

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Im guessing two or three pounds...

Quoting bluelola:

It will depend on the weight of the parcels.

rockinmama07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:39 PM

You can do the flat rate shipping through the USPS.  You can use this link to find out info about shipping to military personnel.

lady_kira
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:39 PM

If you get the flat rate boxes then it's not bad at all, I can't remember right off the top of my head but I remember last year I sent something to a friend and it wasn't too shabby. The boxes are a bit small though... you really have to know how to pack them.

(looked it up, $12.50 or $14.50 for the largest box... I don't know what APO/FPO destinations mean)

jessil83
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

get a flat rate box, than the weight of it won't matter, as long as it all fits in the box (which shoe box size it should) it'll cost the same. i sent a laptop in a flat rate box w/insurance i want to say it cost me around $25 (and like i said that was w/the added insurance)

jessil83
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM

means its a military address.

Quoting lady_kira:

If you get the flat rate boxes then it's not bad at all, I can't remember right off the top of my head but I remember last year I sent something to a friend and it wasn't too shabby. The boxes are a bit small though... you really have to know how to pack them.

(looked it up, $12.50 or $14.50 for the largest box... I don't know what APO/FPO destinations mean)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)