Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

H & R Block Christmas loan.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 25 Replies

I've heard they give  christmas loans if you qualify, I was curious to see if any of you momma's have done it? Im not  doing it, just curious. Im sure they charge like there is no tomorrow.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CullenLover
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM

there is an option and if u dont pay it back come taxes they have the right to keep what u dont pay back, we decided against it , it was too much to pay back, so we figured we will just save

lilywitch
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:31 PM

We got the notification in the mail. My Husband's eyes got all big and I had to be the voice of reason...which I HATE doing!

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

my mom got it and really it wasn't that much to do it. thats how she is buying my kids christmas i'm flat broke i got a couple gift cards from cm that i used for christmas but that didn't buy much for the kids.

Robbin74
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Personally, I would not trust them... They did our taxes for years, and we found out last year they had been robbing us all that time....

zachzmomma07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

BUMP!

haleysmommy27
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM
You get up to 1,000 and the bank fee is around 50, u pay it back when u file income taxes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellyDarlene
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

we did it because last year SUCKED and this year was way to tight because of course we need oil this month. the fees arent really that bad and considering the fact that we dont have to make payments its just coming out of our return it was worth it the fees werent bad at all they put $945 on our h&r block card and we pay $1,000 back a month from now

zachzmomma07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Well thats not bad at all. I considered it but didn't do it. They dont charge interest or anything?

Quoting haleysmommy27:

You get up to 1,000 and the bank fee is around 50, u pay it back when u file income taxes

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

this is how they did it for my mom they explanied it to me cuz my mom its somewhat dumb when it comes to this stuff so i have to tell her in terms she understands. she got 1000 they took 35 off the top to get the money that day and put 55 in a saving account on there prepaid card. and in 1 month the 55 is due for the first months payment and i just have to call 10 days before its due and they will take it than when she does her taxes they will take it out of it right away.

Quoting zachzmomma07:

Well thats not bad at all. I considered it but didn't do it. They dont charge interest or anything?

Quoting haleysmommy27:

lostandfound34
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Do you have to go in to do it? or can it be done on line?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)