Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION: Regarding shipping from the USPS

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have some things to ship to another state. Do they have boxes there? Do I take boxes with me?

I went to their website and you could order boxes online but it takes a week and I want to ship on Saturday, or tomorrow if I can get the address to where I am shipping it.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Honeybun09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM

They have boxes there or you can box it yourself at home and then bring it and pay for postage.

Pregnancy Ticker

ErikaM27
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I buy my own box at walmart and just tape it up and give them the address. I go to another mailing store though..

MsDean

Quoting Honeybun09:

They have boxes there or you can box it yourself at home and then bring it and pay for postage.

Thank you very much =)

FooLynRoo

Yes goto the post office and ask them

jessil83

you can buy boxes there, or you can use a box you have at home. just cut up a brown paper bag and cover any old addresses and anything that will make it hard to spot the new address. they also have packing tape etc...there. you'd have to buy packing tape there though if you don't bring some, they won't tape it up for you.

kenziewenzie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Walmart has boxes that are inexpensive.  Priority mail is around 4.95 and the box comes free with it at the post office. 

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM
If it's relatively small you can pay for Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes, they are about $5-15. They get their in 2-3 days! I loooove priority mail!

You can also pick boxes upfrom them and take them home. As many as you want for free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessycwr
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM

They have flat rate boxes there. What ever you can fit in the box sends for the price they have predetermined.

OutlawMUA
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM

if you are shipping priority flat rate, they have boxes there. Otherwise you need your own.

(flat rate envelopes and small (VHS size)boxes are 4.95, medium boxes are 10.50, large boxes are I think 14.50) and there's no weight limit on flat rate boxes. Same price, regardless of weight or (domestic) destination.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)