Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Diamond.....NO Wedding ????

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM
  • 163 Replies

Would you Marry a man if he proposed with a ring that WASNT a big fancy diamond??

I ask bcuz a close friend of mine accepted her BF's proposal but turned down the ring.......ummm yea....she told him to "go get something that sparkles"......he is not rich and she knows BUT still accepted his marriage proposal........??????????

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Yes!!!! I purposely told DH to make sure it was small at first (we conceived my daughter on our engagement night LOL and found out a few weeks later) and get me a bigger one later. So one day I'll get a nice big one. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

raegansmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Wow! I would have married my dh if he purposed with a gum wrapper!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slipperfeet
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM

We wear solid wedding bands, no diamonds or any other stones for that matter. Just white gold. 

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Wow.  Well, no, it wouldn't have to be big or even a diamond.  I was just thinking last week I'd rather have an emerald or something.  But I would never do what your friend did.

kthruz143
by Kerrie on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

i am the same way

Quoting raegansmom:

Wow! I would have married my dh if he purposed with a gum wrapper!

Momtimestwo
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

YEP.  I don't like diamonds anyway. 

CoastieWifePR
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM

wow she sounds like a spoiled brat and if I were him I would have told her to go pay for it herself.  Why would she marry a guy who cant afford her lifestyle?

DYNARAH
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I proposed to my dh with no ring, but months before he had given me a steel ring he wears that saved his hand with a pallet he was working on collapsed. I wear it on a chain and consoder it my engagement ring. I know of two previous gf's that wanted that ring.

k9mama1130
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM

We decided to get married on a Wednesday night and got married the next morning. No rings at all. In fact, we went shopping a few weeks later and put our rings on lay-a-way and finally got them out two kids and 3 1/2 years later! My set is a total of 1 carat and is good enough for me! I always told my dh that he just had to buy me a REAL diamond before he died, but if he was taken from me before he had the chance then I'd just use his life insurance money!

Your friend should have been happy with what she received. It is the thought that counts and she was just down right rude!

sailorswife09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I married my husband without a ring i know one day i will a ring, but really not a priority for us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)