Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

best bottles? Need advice please

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son has refulux issues and his doctor told us to put cereal in his bottles. It is working pretty well but I am getting really frustrated finding a bottle that he can actually get it out of. We have tried making the holes bigger and then it gets to big and he drowns in the formula and we are wasting money because he isnt eating it. What bottles have you found that work best with cereal if you have put cereal in your LO's bottles?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

BUMP!

dmez
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM
we use playtex vent air rapid flow nipples
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emfm2013
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM

i used dr. browns with y-cut nipple for that exact purpose when the doctors suggested doing that for my duaghter's reflux.

along with the y-cut nipple being AWESOME and the perfect size for rice cereal, the dr. browns has the anti air system too :)

dd loved it and so did mommy :)

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM

those are so expensive though!

Quoting emfm2013:

i used dr. browns with y-cut nipple for that exact purpose when the doctors suggested doing that for my duaghter's reflux.

along with the y-cut nipple being AWESOME and the perfect size for rice cereal, the dr. browns has the anti air system too :)

dmez
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM
we bought a dr.browns bottle and hated it. my baby has such a hard time getting anything out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emfm2013
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM

a little bit yes, but i got them with a coupon and at a less expensive place to begin with. Babies R Us has them for about 6$ more than other places. Burlington Coat Factory had a 3 pack for a pretty resonable price, at least the one in my town.

Quoting tddncw2010:

those are so expensive though!

Quoting emfm2013:

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM

BUMP!

emfm2013
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM

i'm sorry you guys had a bad experience with it. it probably varies alot from baby to baby and what they prefer.

My dd was a preemie and for a long time, that was the only one she took because for some reason she found it easy to work with. plus when we added the rice cereal, the opening in the y-cut nipple was perfect.

Quoting dmez:

we bought a dr.browns bottle and hated it. my baby has such a hard time getting anything out.

calkal
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM
We had the same issue with our son and we used Avent bottles with variable flow nipples. They worked better than anything else we tried!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)