Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda worried about sending my little boy to school tomorrow

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

Kinda worried about sending my little guy to school tomorrow

He fell off his bed and scraped his back on the metal frame and it looks horrible, way worse than it actually is really but now I'm worried about sending him to school. I'm scared that someone will think that I hurt my little guy and idk what I would do if I had to get involved with dhs or whoever over an accident. :( I don't wanna keep him home from school cause that would make it look like I have done something wrong, but on the other hand I don't want someone to think or accuse me of hurting my ds either.

Sorry for the rambling...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IleanRight
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM

it is sad that parents are scared of things like this. Anyone with an sense would know this is an accident and how to tell the difference between normal kid injuries and abuse.

Noahsmom32825
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM

You've done nothing wrong. So you have nothing to worry about.

momof4bzN2gz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM
Thanks. I hate feeling this way, I hate knowing that someone can say whatever they want and chances are I will have someone knocking on my door accusing me of whatever. I hate that kids that actually need someone to save them will likely never get that knock at the door cause people are to busy being cps crazy and calling over everything they can :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momo77
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Kids get hurt I would send him to school and if your that worried tell his teacher. 

jaysmommy04
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I could be wrong but, I always thought most mandated reporters were supposed to be observant of the situation before they acted, unless they were clear cut signs of abuse IE.. evident teeth marks that could not have been made by a younger child, or a hand print on the face ECT

again I could be wrong.  I just have heard a lot of people say things like watch to see if that child comes to school with a different bruise.  More than likely, if your child has not gone repeatedly to school with marks like these, than I don't think you would have anything to worry about.

I have seen kids in DS school, that has had worse.  My neighbors son had a huge black eye, from a wooden bat.  He was playing baseball with other kids in the yard and one of the kids swung the bat and hit him right in the eye.  I really looked like someone socked him right in the eye.  But no one was called.

Even if they did get called.  It was an accident.  I am sure your DS is old enough to tell them what happened.  So they would see right off the bat, that this is nothing.  Just don't freak out and try to help him explain the story to anyone.  That will make you look bad.  If anyone asks him, let hi tell what happened in his own words.

chica1965
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Well first of all he will have his shirt on so  I doubt anyone will see it

and second   as the  others are saying if you have done nothing wrong dont worry  It is sad that we have to live in fear of  Accidents  being  mistaken for  abuse .

:)  

momof4bzN2gz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Yeah he is 5 and in kinder so he can tell anyone who asks what happened. I just get really nervous over these types of things. Before he was born I lost my other kids for almost a year because of their father and I now have an irrational fear of loosing them again. :( I'm gonna send him tomorrow and hope for the best.

Quoting jaysmommy04:

I could be wrong but, I always thought most mandated reporters were supposed to be observant of the situation before they acted, unless they were clear cut signs of abuse IE.. evident teeth marks that could not have been made by a younger child, or a hand print on the face ECT

again I could be wrong.  I just have heard a lot of people say things like watch to see if that child comes to school with a different bruise.  More than likely, if your child has not gone repeatedly to school with marks like these, than I don't think you would have anything to worry about.

I have seen kids in DS school, that has had worse.  My neighbors son had a huge black eye, from a wooden bat.  He was playing baseball with other kids in the yard and one of the kids swung the bat and hit him right in the eye.  I really looked like someone socked him right in the eye.  But no one was called.

Even if they did get called.  It was an accident.  I am sure your DS is old enough to tell them what happened.  So they would see right off the bat, that this is nothing.  Just don't freak out and try to help him explain the story to anyone.  That will make you look bad.  If anyone asks him, let hi tell what happened in his own words.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)