Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how can i make my baby sleep...?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

haha........yeah.......so my 5 month old only takes 1 nap during the day lately. she goes down for her nap between 10 and 11 am and sleeps for like an hour.....then refuses to sleep until night time. by afternoon she is so tired she is fussy as hell..but wont sleep. so she is awake until she goes to bed.....and she goes to bed sometimes between 7 and 8 or between 8 and 9. we wake up at 530 am and she wakes up around 4, then goes back to sleep until we wake up. i dont know why she wont sleep if shes so tired. she not in pain, or sick..........my other 2 were ok sleepers so having a " get so sleepy she cries" baby is new to me. i dunno....any suggestions??

by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM

BUMP!

Momsthename0609
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:20 PM

My youngest DS was like and and is still like that. I had to swaddle him and rock him to sleep for the longest time. I also carried him in the sling everywhere because that was the only way he would sleep. He is also a very light sleeper, we can make noise but we try not to be overly loud and I can't clean or run the vacuum while he is asleep. 

He is still that way now, he just doesn't need a lot of sleep, and nothing I do will make him sleep if he doesn't want to. It is so frustrating at times, but I just can't bare to let him cry because he SCREAMS and then has an asthma attack if he cries for to long. I would rather that not happen while I am trying to get him to sleep because it won't help KWIM. 

southernjess3
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:24 PM

its just........i would be ok with her not sleeping...if it wasnt obvious that she was extremely exausted and whining and crying...lol

KittyAuJus
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:30 PM

When my daughter was a baby she was the same way. Her father would have to strap her in her car seat and drive her around the block till she passed out. Gas wasn't getting any cheaper so we put a radio in her room which helped a lot. She was going to bed on time and taking her nap during the day.

southernjess3
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:31 PM

we've done the radio, the rocking, the just watching her...lol...we got nowhere

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:33 PM

My mom said my sister was like that so she wouldn't let her nap.  Maybe try pushing her nap back some.

southernjess3
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:34 PM

we cant. tried it. she either has to sleep then, or she will get even more tired and wont nap at al... i dunno. shes just a very weird child

ShadowRaven
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:39 PM

It's very common for a baby's sleeping patterns to change at around 4-6 months. In addition to that, a lot of babies need to be taught how to sleep properly. Try doing sleep training to get her back on a good schedule. You can google "baby sleep training" and find different methods, pick the one that best suits your family.

southernjess3
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM

its just, i feel bad, cause i have other kids and have to get stuff done, so she spends like 8 hours a day on the livingroom floor...

Mommiebiz824
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I totally feel your pain, because my baby did the wame thing around five months. I did sleep training with him and revamped his daily schedule and it worked WONDERS! He became such a wonderful sleeper and is still a great sleeper now...he'll be two on Friday. So many of my friends asked me how I did sleep learning with him that I just completed writing a book on just what I did. If your interested in trying sleep learning with your baby, let me know and I can provide you with a link to great info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)