Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I want new cookware! Paula Deen? Rachel Ray? Wolfgang Puck?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM
  • 59 Replies

I want a new set of cookware. I am sick of buying cheap sets, what kind do you have that you like? I would prefer not stainless steel because I am moving to a place that has hard water that makes dark spots on the steel when I wash them.

I was considering the Paula Deen stuff only because I can buy the other pieces at WalMart, but then I was considering the Rachel Ray stuff because I can buy the other pieces at Kohl's. Then I went to Sam's and saw the Wolfgang Puck set that I fell in love with, and now I am just confused, lol.

Anyways, I thought II would ask you ladies what kind you have and how you like it. I know I can afford about $300 right now and we can build from there with other pieces (so pampered chef, la cruset, and salad master are way out of my price range, if you have those can reccommend any cheaper kind you may have used)

by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I am buying a Paula Deen set, in orange, for our camper!  We totally remodeled the inside and its orange/black, they will match perfectly!

msalice_21
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I got kirkland for christmas and I love them!!

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Im getting the Paula Deen set in purple.  I have to wait to order it though since we move across the country next week and I dont know if it will be delivered in time.

epoh
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM
I have the Green Pan set and I love them! Non stick, but not Teflon. So easy to clean and cook with :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristy0833
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM

umm when i wanted pampered chef i had a party then got the whole set for really cheap..

BeansandMash
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Anything but Paula Deen, I just can't stand her!

imamombygrace
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I've had my Paula Deen set for about 2 years now and I LOVE it!!! I have added her ceramic ware to it. It holds up great and is non stick.

I'm not sure about Wolf gang puck's cookware, but I have his panini press with removable plates and it works awesomely!

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

My mom bought me the red Paula Dean set for Christmas. I think it was around $80 or so and came with a lot of pieces. I really like it A LOT! I haven't seen the other ones you mentioned..

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Thanks all, it seems like Paula Deen is a safe bet.

CTRedSoxMom
by on Dec. 27, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I love my Rachel Ray cookware... I got it last Christmas and it still looks new.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN