Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

COUPON EXTREMISTS

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:14 AM
  • 12 Replies

I just finished watching another episode of Coupon Extremists users. One lady spent over $1500.00 after her coupon deductions, she only owed $61.00 and my best was the lady that spent $650.00 and paid about $2.50 for her groceries.

I thought I was a coupon extremist. I will spend one day out of each month, while my family is out, making up my monthly food menu and grocery list, comparing store circulars, clipping coupons, printing them off the computer and shopping. My best is $950.00, after my three large stacks of coupons I paid only $79.00

Even if I cannot use the food, I will either sell to another person at 75% off store prices or donate to my local food bank.

To me its a challenge every month, to see if I can beat my last month deal. Dedication is the key, I have four kids and run a in home toddler preschool, so I have to be really good at this. So has anyone else joined the Coupon Extremists?

lunchbag toddler girl twin boys

by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mb1hotmama
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:15 AM
That's awesome! Any tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angi07
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:16 AM

I swear this show is about my sister shes a nut and saved 7000 last year and spends 75 a week to feed her her husband and theyre 3 kids. but I refuse to learn its a lot of work lol it pisses her off that I wont go to the dark side

jjones0461
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:16 AM
Wow that's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glg505
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:17 AM

Nope, I haven't but I'm very interested in becoming a much, much better coupon clipper... 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Nope but i did like the guy on the show that donated almost all the free cereal he got.  The food banks there must love him.

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM

My advice is to look through all the circulars, shop, your local super stores (they take coupons also) shop on double coupon days, and NEVER purchase anything that does not have a coupon. Every known brand has a coupon online. 

conweis
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:26 AM

what channel that come on I would so do that

mrs.jodi
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:27 AM

I love it!!  However, I need do better at it so our money goes farther.

serioussifL
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:28 AM

no, but I wish I could save more with coupons. The commissary accepts coupons up to 6 months after their expiration date, but we dont get flyers with coupons in them.

mb1hotmama
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 6:33 AM
How do you find out when double coupon day is? Does every store have that. I guess I can just call the store an ask LoL I'm getting all excited haha

Quoting theresaphilly:

My advice is to look through all the circulars, shop, your local super stores (they take coupons also) shop on double coupon days, and NEVER purchase anything that does not have a coupon. Every known brand has a coupon online. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)