Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

taking kids to the store .... pawning kids off EDIT to clarify

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM
  • 98 Replies

I was reading the post about the mom who takes her 3 kids to the store with her.   I have 5 kids--during the summer or breaks off from school, I take all 5 kids to the store with me.  (8, 6,5, 2, 7 months)  I do ALL my big shopping with them, we take them out to eat with us, etc. 

Dh and I were talking the other day about some parents who just pawn off their kids for EVERYTHING.  And it's often parents with only 1 or maybe 2 kids.  We laugh and joke and say they don't know how good they have it!  It's so different taking 1 or 2 kids out and about with you! 

I must also say, it really aggrevates me the number of parents who pawn their kids off onto anyone who will take them--sometimes for days at a time, just so the parent can get alone time, go shopping, party, whatever.  I get the alone time, but not pawning kids off on a regular basis. KWIM? 

Anyways...that's all I had to say :)

EDIT:  I think most of you ladies misunderstood what I said.  My fault.  What I meant is--the moms and/or dads who end up only having their kids around for a couple days a week b/c most of the time, the child is off at a friends house for the weekend, or grandparents house for the weekend, just so that the parent(s) can party, go out and live the life of a single/childless person. 

I see NOTHING wrong with having daddy or a grandparent stay home w/the children, but not all the time.  I see NOTHING wrong with having a child stay w/grandparents for a summer or going to summer camp or whatever.  What annoys me are the parents who try to get ANYONE and EVERYONE to babysit their children just so they dont' have to have them around. 

Oh and kind of a funny thing, I've gotten to the point where I CAN'T go grocery shopping wtihout the kids b/c I feel lost...like I forgot something.  It ends up taking me twice as long to shop and I end up forgetting stuff and getting more than what's on my list.  LOL

by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I'm just jealous of the people who HAVE someone to pawn their kids off on lol. JUST kidding. :D We always have ours.. we like it that way. :)

liveforever
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I only have one child. Why is it such a big deal if I want to go to Target alone and she stays home and plays with daddy? Things get done quicker when you can go alone.

And yes, I know what its like to go out with more then one child. I watch 18mo old twins and I take all 3 out to do things. Its doable....but its also easier alone.

Brianav
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:48 AM
I LOVE taking my dd places. We enjoy spending time together (even though we are with each other every minute school is out). =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunShineMoMM
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Always have my daughter with me. I enjoy her company..and she always makes it way more fun!!

TLOVETT

The only time we "pawn" our DD off is when we go grocery shopping once a month b/c shes a busy body and wants to run all over the place and Dh and I are there for almost 3 hours sometimes!! lol Thats the only break I get and I enjoy it...lol

Spawn_Love

My stepsister pawned her kids off on my mother and I every chance she got. It really got to me. I don't know, I can understand getting a sitter for shopping. My kids are the types that have to put their hands on everything. I'm with them all day, every day, so I should have that luxury if I wanted it. 

MamaJane
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:50 AM

If I can go to the store alone, you better bet your rear I'm gonna.  A few years ago hubby started doing the shopping because his schedule allowed it and it meant I didn't have to go out with 3 kids.  Heck if you all choose to take 5 little ones to the store, fine, but if someone has the chance not to then more power to them!

SunShineMoMM
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I think the poster is talking about leaving your kids with other people besides daddy. Like having someone watch your kids so you have go out to eat or grocery shop..not just 1 time..but every single time and never take them anywhere with you.

Quoting liveforever:

I only have one child. Why is it such a big deal if I want to go to Target alone and she stays home and plays with daddy? Things get done quicker when you can go alone.

And yes, I know what its like to go out with more then one child. I watch 18mo old twins and I take all 3 out to do things. Its doable....but its also easier alone.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Uhm..... idk.  I rarely take Naeem anywhere.  Why?  Because he has violent rage episodes where he goes completely 'psycho' on me and anyone else in his path.  Besides that I get annoyed with people staring at me and saying he needs his ass whooped.  Soooooo I always hold off til he's with my folks before going to the store.  *Shrugs*  And why yes, my parents keep him atleast twice per week.  Sue me.

adri_nevarez
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:52 AM
My mom had my two oldest girls for two weeks and picks up my girls about 4 days a week so that they can help her with her projects. I don't pawn them off but I don't keep them from going either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)