Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This is terrifying...and it really happens...

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • 91 Replies

I'm watching a story on the news right now about a man and his family who were shopping at the mall yesterday. After they left the Apple store, they went home. 

As he pulled into his neighborhood, he noticed a red sports car was following him. The sports car pulled up behind the family as they pulled into the driveway. The men in the red sports cars attempted to rob the family at gun point but the father had a concealed handgun license and was carrying so was able to defend himself.

The police think that this crime is connected to four other incidents that have happened in the same area where people were robbed after coming home from the mall......I thought that was just an urban myth.....

by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM
That is nuts!
Steph1499
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Im sure it can happen.  Look at all the crazy stuff that happens

lady_kira
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Of course stuff like that really happens, which is why my husband has a CCW and always carries his weapon on him as well.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

that happened here???

lady_kira
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Also my husband has been sizing me up for a handgun of my own, I've seen his calculating looks! He just better sign me up for some shooting lessons first.

i.heart.rachel

Eek!!

Aislinn

This is why Neil Boortz says all law abiding citizens should carry guns. I am on the fence, but it sure helped in this case, didn't it? lol After a horrible double (attempted) murder (child lived, mom did not) in NH last year, my husband and I purchased a shotgun. Any bastard with ill intentions breaking into my house will be less one head...

SavageMom86
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM

of course it really  happens... sadly, I'm not even surprised by it.

LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I know it makes me sound crazy....but I always watch to make sure no one is following me. I have actually drove past my neighborhood a number of times when cars have been behind me for quite a while. 

bluesky51201
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM

That's why I watch my rearvie mirror the whole way home and change up the routes that I use.  If someone's behind me that looks "off" I drive for a little bit before turning into my driveway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)