Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

More dead birds fall in Sweden. Doo doo doo * said in scary voice*

..... And the plot thickens.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
sgr123
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Quoting mainemusicmaker:

Quoting canegirl0700:

They are doing tests on the dead birds I am curious to know what it causing this.

They did the tests on the Arkansas birds and it turns out there was massive internal trauma, which corresponds with the theory that the flock got struck by a bolt of lightning and/or heavy weather (rain/wind/ice).

But that doesn't explain the fish.  Someone in the comments of the article I was reading said something about possible gases coming from a fault in the earth.  I could almost buy this since Indiana experienced an earthquake last week, but it is only one breed of bird and one type of fish, from what I understand.

Candi1024
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Quoting SaraTafolla:

Sounds like there is a disease that is infecting these birds and fish.

Diseased birds usually don't drop out of the sky. If they are so sick they couldn't fly, they wouldn't have gotten up in the air in the first place, lol.

katiebuggs2003
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM
The water was too cold for the fish. For some reason they didn't leave like they normally do and the cold water killed them.

Quoting sgr123:

Quoting mainemusicmaker:

Quoting canegirl0700:

They are doing tests on the dead birds I am curious to know what it causing this.

They did the tests on the Arkansas birds and it turns out there was massive internal trauma, which corresponds with the theory that the flock got struck by a bolt of lightning and/or heavy weather (rain/wind/ice).

But that doesn't explain the fish.  Someone in the comments of the article I was reading said something about possible gases coming from a fault in the earth.  I could almost buy this since Indiana experienced an earthquake last week, but it is only one breed of bird and one type of fish, from what I understand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Quoting slipperfeet:

if fireworks had something to do with this, why don't we see this happen once a year, in at least one place around America, on the 4th of July?

or maybe it happens and i've never heard of it. idk.

from what I heard on the news is that during the summer the brids are off mating and stuff so they are not in a big flock. If they are not in a big flock, there would not be a big die off like thiese

Suri2010
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Glad I'm not alone on this one

Quoting Aamy:

Eh bird flu or some sort of disease , its only hitting 1 type of bird so .... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Every report for each separate incident states that it's not uncommon for mass bird deaths.

... but lets report each one on the news, and give them each so much media exposure that it SOUNDS like it's some supernatural phenomenon...

Can we say mass hysteria?

I have never heard of this, not saying it isnt uncommon.  Maybe its a cover up for something else going on that they dont want us to knwo about.

A.Perry
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM

This is scary, and they probably know what is going on, they just won't tell us.

-Riches-
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM
That made me giggle. I'm so posting this on my FB.

Quoting msmoody:

Of course dead birds are dropping out of the sky. Dead birds can't fly.

(sorry..saw that on FB and it made me giggle)

I think there's an explanation for all of these incidents, but people are so hysterical and have that 2012 paranoia that it's all getting out of hand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candi1024
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Seriously people?

Diseased birds usually don't drop out of the sky. If they are so sick they couldn't fly, they wouldn't have gotten up in the air in the first place, lol.

Quoting Suri2010:

Glad I'm not alone on this one

Quoting Aamy:

Eh bird flu or some sort of disease , its only hitting 1 type of bird so .... 

hotmami2ajae
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM
That is creepy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN