Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Already tired of it...(long vent)

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
This is just a vent because I have absolutely no one else to talk to about this.

Here's some backstory: about a yr and a half ago my uncle called my grandma to say that he, his gf, and her two kids got kicked out of the projects they were living in and were homeless. So she decided (although we all tried to talk her out of it) to move them into to her extremely cramped apartment. They told her they'd only need to stay a few months so they could get jobs and get on their feet. That was in July of '09.

So a yr later I find out that my SO at the time (my kids' dad) was cheating so we split up. My grandma had been complaining to me for the entire year about my uncle and his gf doing absolutely nothing (not looking for jobs, not helping out around the house, not cleaning up after themselves or her two kids, letting the kids basically trash the apartment, etc), and she was struggling to pay bills with her ss check. So she suggested that since I was going to have to move anyway and I was 3 months pregnant, that we could help each other out and get a place together. She figured that if she moved uncle and his gf would be forced to find a place of their own. I figured it would be a good idea since i'd have no one to help me with the kids after I had the baby (I also have a 2yr old), and I don't particularly like living alone. So we moved December 1st.

This is not what I signed up for. I thought it would just be me, my grandma, and DD. Nope. My moms water is shut off (uncle and gf moved in with her) so her whole household has to come take showers here and they usually just end up staying all day watching tv because they have no cable. My brother and his gf drop my neice off and leave her until they decide that they want to be bothered with her(she's here like all day everyday). Somebody always going in my room taking stuff without asking, eating food without asking whose it is. The kids go into DD's room and destroy it. It's just so frustrating. I feel like I can't ask them to leave because according to them, this is my grandmas house even though we split the bills. She won't say anything because she doesn't want anyone to be mad at her(she has a tendency of letting her kids walk all over her). I'm just tired of it already and it's hardly been a month since we moved in. I don't want to leave her hanging, I know she can't afford this place on her own, but I am MISERABLE. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm due pretty soon and I know I'm gonna want some peace and quiet when the baby gets here. I just feel like I can't take this anymore and there's nothing I can do about it.

Thanks for reading and sorry it's so long I just had to get that off my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Im sorry you are going through this ((HUGS))

It might help to but a handle with a lock on it (one where you need a key to open) and use it for your room and maybe DD room

Mrs.L.Mita
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM

i think you need to snap at them. one good time. tell them exactly what they're doing and what they need to be doing instead. you're paying half the bills, it's half your house. no one's doing you any favors. if your grandma can't stand up for herself then it's up to you to do it.

ryliejaneismom
by on Jan. 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Yeah I think I'm gonna have to have a talk with my grandma. I can't live the rest of our lease like this. It's been so frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)