Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

can a 3 year old get the concept of the game UNO?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

i have a deck of cards and a 3 year old and a 2 year old but i'm sure the 2 year old will get bored and i'm wondering if it's worth getting them to sit still and listen to the directions. lol can your kid play uno and how old are they?

by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oboe_chik
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM

My dd will be 6 in march and loves uno. My ds who is almost 3 1/2 has no concept of it at all. We are still working on candyland with him lol. But I think each kid is different too.

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

TattooMommy143
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM

my daughter is three and is learning how to play uno. she enjoys it :-) i think it all depends on the three year old, everyone is different.

LveMy2K1dS
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I got my 2 and 6 year old uno moo the toddler/preschool version its cute. I am sure my 6 year old could play reguar uno but he likes to play with his brother

ajh629
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:05 PM

my four year old has been playing uno for at least two years...we started with a younger version (i think it had curious george on it) and now he loves regular uno and we love uno attack...we play that one every day practically!

Mommy2LnJ
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:10 PM
My 3.5 year olds play uno all the time. We have Mickey Mouse ones and they understand all of it, except keeping your cards hidden lol. They can't fit them all in their hands so they lay them out on the floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM

At 3.5 my youngest was playing with the other kids. He wasn;t really good at it, and would generally lay all his cards out on the floor...which the other kids loved, lol.

Have you seen the kids version? It's a barn wth animals.

ddhb2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:12 PM

My daughter is 3.  She receive Uno Moo as a present, and she can play it.  She's also a shark when it comes to dominoes.  I would think your child would be able to learn how to play.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM

my 8 year old nieces played uno with us.

MOMby19
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM

My son is 3... if I handed him 5 cards, he'd throw them in the air. Lol.

hmommy07
by on Jan. 7, 2011 at 4:28 PM

okay.... i found out myself. my 2 year old tries hard but does not get it. and my 3 year old played the first 3 times it was her turn then said "surprise!!!!!" and tossed all her cards in the air!!!!! LOL guess we won't play this one again today lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)