Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help! Hamburger Grease on new shirt!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

anyone...please help ---- how do you get hamburger grease out of a new shirt??? 95% cotton, 5% spandex.  hubby was making dinner (and didnt change out of his new shirt {like i suggested} that he spent $50 on yesterday...) and splashed hambuger grease on himself. 

he tried washing it right away with shampoo (apparently he claims it takes grease out of hair so why not clothes) and now just trying dish soap (b/c i suggested looking online while I was giving our daughter a bath)  but if this doesnt work....any other ideas? or is it too late? is it a gone-er?

by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2four1978
by Liz on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I use blue DAWN dish liquid to get grease out of clothes. I put it on and rub it in then let it sit awhile. I have found that the only one that works is the blue dawn. Gets lots of other stains out of clothes too.

LilGina
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

dish soap worked wonders for me let the dish soap soak on the spot over night washed it the next day it was gone

mandafox
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Dish soap! Dribble it on, rub it in, let it sit, wash it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherieb10
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Squirt Dawn dish detergent on it and wash. It works for me.

AllAboutYou1223
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I agree with the PP who said Dawn... but also - I use SHOUT and that stuff takes the stains outta ANYTHING!

BBPbyHolli
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Quoting mom2four1978:

I use blue DAWN dish liquid to get grease out of clothes. I put it on and rub it in then let it sit awhile. I have found that the only one that works is the blue dawn. Gets lots of other stains out of clothes too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommapeanut
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM

thankyou all for your ideas!   Dish soap is on it, scrubbed in, and sitting.   will wash later (hopefully it comes out, we only have orange ajax liquid soap....but may have to invest in blue dawn soon apparently!   if ajax doesnt work, im running out tonight to try the blue dawn before the shirt dries)

mommapeanut
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

oh, when i wash it...do i wash it with Era too? or just the dish soap thats been rubbed in?

lvebug
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Quoting mommapeanut:

thankyou all for your ideas!   Dish soap is on it, scrubbed in, and sitting.   will wash later (hopefully it comes out, we only have orange ajax liquid soap....but may have to invest in blue dawn soon apparently!   if ajax doesnt work, im running out tonight to try the blue dawn before the shirt dries)

Ajax works also, thats what I use. Yes when you finish letting it sit then just put it in the wash and add your regular detergent. Good luck!!

Amybelle
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Quoting mom2four1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)