Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would You Sell Your Deceased Grandma's Stuff?? Am I a Horrible Person??

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM
  • 69 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I try an sell it?

Options:

Sure, go for it!

Maybe

No Way!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 95

View Results

Im looking at selling things on Ebay again and I always start off by going through the clutter that I have accumulated. So my grandma passed away 4 years ago, and the family got together and split up her belongings. I got quite a few things, and it included some jewelery. Ive never really thought about selling it, until now. I have never wore it and dont think I ever would, but I feel so guilty for even thinking about it. Is this horrible of me? Or should I look at it logically and put the money towards my family?

by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allyson2212
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:29 AM

BUMP!

casah4
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I would sell it. 

Kstahlhood
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM
I would never sell my Grandmothers jewlery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Um, I got all of my deceased grandmother's stuff. I have thrown some stuff away....papers that no one needed. Some other stuff I am giving to charity. The things that are worth a penny that I don't want, I'm going to sell.

deenakate
Keep a few pieces and let go of the rest. I had this happen to me and I kept the pieces most dear that I remember her wearing and sold the rest. I don't think your horrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessil83

i wouldn't sell all of it, i'd probably keep a few pieces for my kids when they got older.

WhitleyLyles

I wouldnt feel bad. I am not one for keeping things-- those are things. They are not your memory of her. You will still have those-- remember. Selling those things will not be a betrayal at all

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM

i would only if you were hurting for money. i had to sell my deceased mothers china because i was so broke

.kk.
by on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I also tried to trade my grandmother's most valuable ring for a less valuable one from my adopted grandmother. My mom didn't want to trade.......she's just being petty. She would have gotten a $25K ring for one that was worth less than $2K but she's just being mean.

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I wouldn't sell it. I'd save it for my children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN