Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I think my two year old swallowed a 10 mg zyrtec! Edit*

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 110 Replies

My 2.5 year old got a hold of my sister's Zyrtec Allergy, He somehow managed to get the childproof lid off. He was asked if he took any and he says he didn't take any medicine,so I don't think he did. However, if he did what are the concerns for dosage at his age. I tried calling the after hours line at our Ped and I am waiting for a call back. It was a 10 mg, he weighs 30 pounds. The label says for adults and children 6 and older take 1 tablet. Children under 6 years ask a doctor.

 

Edit** Let me just add for those who are assuming on their own. Yes he was being supervised and the adult went to the restroom. CM was not my first thought thank you, his doctors emergency line was, then the local ER who wouldnt provide and info over the phone due to liability. Poison control was called within seconds of posting this, as I had to find the number because I am not at home and could not check the fridge. I was on the phone as you all were screaming that I dont love my child. Anyways, they didnt over much help other than watch him because there is no evidence of him taking it.  I posted here in hopes that someone has experienced something similar and what effects it had on their child.  I should have known better than to post here.

by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhotoMama88
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM

 Poisen Control

HomeSweetHome77
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM

call a doctor.. im pretty sure the bottle answered that one for you

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Get off cafemom and call poison control, they will tell you what to do if anything.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM

 Call poison control NOW

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Call posion control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.c123
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM


Quoting PhotoMama88:

 Poisen Control


P.V.Hawkwind
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM


Quoting PhotoMama88:

 Poison Control


mommyoftwins213
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM

call poison control asap.

aoaks2009
by on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM


Quoting HomeSweetHome77:

call a doctor.. im pretty sure the bottle answered that one for you


 I did call, I'm waiting for a call back, it usually takes them about 30 minutes. I was just wondering in the mean time.

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jan. 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Quoting Sparkyfire:

Call posion control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN