Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Peapod delivery service.....

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone used Peapod delivery service before?  It just came to the Indianapolis area and I was looking over the website and they have some good deals it looks like, especially on fresh fruit and veggies. 

I wouldn't mind doing something like this, as it would save me a lot of time especially with my Masters classes picking up soon.  I don't want to jump into anything though if it's something that I have to do every month or they going to deduct money from an account of mine each month.

I am a full-time, employed outside the home, spanking whenever I feel necessary, soda and potato chip giving, Twilight loving (GO TEAM JACOB), studying for my Master's degree, hate cycling class and the gym but go anyway, addicted to True Blood, loving my son with my full heart kind of mom

by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:30 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  by me they only charge you when you place an order.  so you can order once and thats it.  its just food shopping online

TheMicheMom
by on Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:32 AM

YES!  We had Peapod when we lived in Connecticut and I LOVED it!!!  It saved me so much time and energy.  And they even accepted coupons! 

From what I remember there is no monthly fee... I believe you are only charged when you place an order... like a delivery fee or something.  And it may be Free if your order is over a certain amount... can't remember the details because we've been in Atlanta for almost 6 years now.  Wish they had something like that down here.  I don't have time to go to grocery store most of the time! :)

Good luck!

lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:34 AM

I get Peapod and I love it! You can still use coupons (although they don't come off your bill, you give them to the driver and they credit your account about a week or so later), you only pay when you get an order.  And so far the customer service has been really good - they messed up my order last week and it never came, so when I called they set me up for a delivery first thing the next morning and took $50 off my bill.  My kids get so excited when the "grocery guy" gets here. 

lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2011 at 7:35 AM

Oh, also, look for promotional codes online - I believe there's one right now that gets you $15 off your first order and free delivery for 60 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)