Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need a new job...... favoratism.... **kinda long sorry**

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
so I've been working at the same nursing home for 4 years now. i started as a unit clerk but got my nursing license in August n started as a nurse in Oct last year...

so the first upset was when i got my license in Aug i was told they only had per diem positions where i could get maybe 1 weekend a month to work... i work full time, there is no way i could take that pay cut, so i stayed as a unit clerk until in Oct they wanted to hire the buildings medical directors dgt in law and HRs dgt so they had to offer me part time first since i was there first.... at part time 3-4 days a week with the pay raise it was ok.... so i accepted and started in Oct...

then come to find out they gave Theo both full time when they told me they didn't have that!! now lately I've been on a full time schedule but still technically part time so i said nothing.... but i float which was fine till i found out they both have permanent wings and i was never offered!!!!

now I'm going on maternity leave in 2 weeks so i haven't said anything because that will be thier excuse.... which brings up another point...

they have had a baby shower for every person who has been pregnant and even a 2nd for people that had another baby... they even hired a girl 7 months pregnant and had one a few weeks later and nobody knew who she was but they still gave one.... I've been here 4 years and am due in 3 weeks and they haven't given me anything.... i hate the games they play!!!

ok rant over... ill I've been applying and looking for a different job in hopes i wont have to return after the baby......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tannaris
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 AM
That sucks and I'm with you ~ find some where, where you'll appreciated!!! Good luck and congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM

as a nurse you should not be having a hard time finding full time employment. If this is the case, you are likely being too picky. Take any job, anywhere, any shift.....and in the meantime, keep looking.

I have been working as a nurse for 30 years, with no lapse in employment. I always have an updated resume posted onine for employers to view-it keeps the employers I am with on their toes....so to speak.

SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:30 AM
I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but they just don't like you it appears. Are you in the union?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:58 AM
thank you :-)

Quoting Tannaris:

That sucks and I'm with you ~ find some where, where you'll appreciated!!! Good luck and congratulations!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:00 AM
yeah I've put my resume out but i haven't been activity interviewing because of the pregnancy. so that's y i was waiting till after i had the baby n then using my time off to interview... :-)

Quoting romanceparty4u:

as a nurse you should not be having a hard time finding full time employment. If this is the case, you are likely being too picky. Take any job, anywhere, any shift.....and in the meantime, keep looking.

I have been working as a nurse for 30 years, with no lapse in employment. I always have an updated resume posted onine for employers to view-it keeps the employers I am with on their toes....so to speak.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:13 AM
no feelings hurt. i know they don't like me... i don't know why because I've never had a complaint against me and all my reviews have been good... but I've known they don't like me for some time.... most of the people here are connected by family and I'm not so that's the only thing i can think of.... we are union free to so its not that....

they even had the boss from corporate give me a Med pass when i was in my 2nd week of training!! i believe it was so if i messed up it'd be an excuse to get rid of me... but i actually got everything right and proved the person wrong on a Med... so that didn't work.....

Quoting SadiasMomma:

I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but they just don't like you it appears. Are you in the union?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvnly253
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:13 AM

bump

dmez
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Quoting Tannaris:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romanceparty4u
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Some places you'll never "fit into". You have to get into the attitude that YOU KNOW you're valuable, and if they can't see it, it's their loss--and move on.

It could be just a "family, clique-y, gestapo" like situation. I have been in those places. I was asked to resign because they didn't feel I was "Christian enough" to suit them.

I went somewhere else 3 days later and made 4 bucks more an hour.

Don't let it get you down, life isn't a popularity contest, and this ain't high school

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM

that sucks - find a new job..... that is all you can really do - you cant change the whole place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)