Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hope im not being unreasonable what do you think.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM
  • 20 Replies
First off sorry for any typos writing from my cell.

Ok so I need advice. Back in october my neighbor who I talk to occassionally said she was having a hard time finding someone to watch her dogs while she went away on vacation. I told her if she couldn't find anyone to let me know and id help her out. Well I guess she assumed I wanted to watch them I really wanted it as a last resort. Well when the day came up I told her how she wanted me to get to her home and feed them. Well she thought I was going to watch them in my house and bring them in my back yard and in the house. I told her no way id go to her home and feed them and play with them but they're not staying in my yard (I ain't piciking up 2 100lb. Dogs crap) and they weren't going in my house I'm a crazy neat freak I can barely handle my pugs smell. Well she found someone else to take them but then said well I need you to watch my cat then cause I don't know anyone who can I then told her I was extremely allergic to cats and didn't really feel right but she didn't say anything I thought ok end of discussion. She text me a fday before she was leaving to tell me to go to her house so she can teach me about the cat litter and I told her again I was allergic to cats and if I was going anywhere near it I needed a mask. So she actually went and bought me one. So fine to be nice I caved in and agreed. But then she also told me to water her plants and take out her kitchen trash and the big trash, its like wtf I didn't sign up for any of this but I did it.
So she got back today and I texted her asking if she needed her key to get in but I looked out the window and saw they were home and she texted me back telling me they were in. I then texted back telling her when she wanted to meet so I can give her her key and she can pay me. She hasn't texted back and my mom says it was kinda mean to just say it up front like that.
Well I'm sorry but I do a daycare from 6am to 5pm I get up at 5 am everyday and go to bed late and she knows this I watch 6 kids a day am also dealing with a new puppy and training it my huband is gone som doing it alone then dealing with my own house work and kids and then I still had to go and get an allergoce break out so I could feed her cat and pick up its poop too oh and water her plants? I really don't thonk I'm being unreasonable do you?
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrightAyez
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:27 AM

BUMP!

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:27 AM

i don't really know.

i know that anytime someone house sits for us and takes care of our animals we pay them.  and i know that anytime that i have house sat and watched animals they have payed me. 

but i have never asked to be payed and i always told them up front that i was going to pay them.

BrightAyez
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Quoting annas_momma:

i don't really know.

i know that anytime someone house sits for us and takes care of our animals we pay them.  and i know that anytime that i have house sat and watched animals they have payed me. 

but i have never asked to be payed and i always told them up front that i was going to pay them.

See its the same for me I hired someone to watch my dog 2 weeks and I told her id pay her 100 if she did I was clear with her. But I did this for over 3 weeks and she never even said she was going to pay me so I've been hoping she would but I told her just in case she wasn't plaiing on paying me either
Amybelle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:34 AM

did you tell her BEFORE she left you expected to be paid??

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Shouldn't rather or not she would be paying you have been discussed BEFORE?

Draysmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Was there ever an agreement for payment?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni85
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Well, I think if you expected to be paid you should have discussed it prior to doing it. I'm not saying she shouldn't pay you, but maybe she thought you were just doing her a favor. Some neighbors do stuff like that for each other. I don't know how your relationship is, but I would think you would've talked about money before instead of after to make sure you weren't doing something for nothing. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM

if you didn't say you wanted to be paid before I think it's kinda rude to demand payment

LStambaugh
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:40 AM

If I did that for my neighbor, I wouldnt expect to be paid, but if they offered I probably wouldn't turn it down. 

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I don't blame you for wanting to get paid but if you never said anything about getting paid before she left I don't think she was expecting to pay you.  It would have been better if you talked to her about that before the fact instead of after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)