Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a hypothetical situation..wwyd?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM
  • 41 Replies

if a horrible virus was sweeping through the country, laying waste to entire cities. there is no anticdote, there is no vaccine.  it begins with flu like symptoms, and progresses until you die a terrible death - think black plague. you are so far unaffected, despite repeated exposure, it appears you somehow have natural immunities.  everyone in your family also appears immune except your dh, or one of your children. what do you do?

if your city was dying around you, wwyd?

how would  you survive?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiernansmom08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I have no clue

Sharon300
by Sharon on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I dont know.

catinseaside
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I would hide in my house and never let anyone in or anyone out. Oh wait, I already live like that.... haha.

daughterofearth
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM

really? no ideas at all of how you would react or handle the situation to ensure the survival of yourself and your family?

Quoting kiernansmom08:

I have no clue

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM
We would be in the forest. Living off the land and staying away from the infected.

I also would assume I have some antibodies to this thing. My DH and child would drink breastmilk from me and I would hope it keeps the virus at bay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughterofearth
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM

do you live in the city? if so ...don't you think it would start to smell kinda ..ripe..after awhile? all those dead people....smelling

Quoting catinseaside:

I would hide in my house and never let anyone in or anyone out. Oh wait, I already live like that.... haha.

Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM

This is like a show I saw called survivors and another one called Jeremiah. I love this kind of shows for some reason. I would try and find a doctor or research facility so that they could use our blood to try and create a vaccine. As far as Surviving to get there you would probably have to stay on the move to protect yourself.

angeleyes16

I'd bleach everything, wear a mask everytime i got outside. Wash, wash, and wash my hands. Idk!

daughterofearth

Quoting Kenre:

We would be in the forest. Living off the land and staying away from the infected.

I also would assume I have some antibodies to this thing. My DH and child would drink breastmilk from me and I would hope it keeps the virus at bay.

you would survive! we have a winner!! lol....

a-SiZZLe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM

ever see  "I AM LEGEND "? that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)