Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spanking, Vinegar, Time-outs, Redirection...what's your form of discipline for your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:15 AM
  • 66 Replies

Well, What works best for your family and kids in terms of disciplining a misbehaving child? Also, what are your kids ages and how's that method working?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Age three- timeouts and redirection

soon2bemomof307
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:17 AM

The 12 and 10 year old get privileges taken away, grounding, extra chores, no snacks and sentence writing.

The 3 year old gets time outs, tv time taken away, no snacks and on rare occasions a spanking.

Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:18 AM

oh Btw Vinegar? Dare I ask what that is used for

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:20 AM
I have a 3yo and an 18mo....and we do timeout

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM
We do many things. Timeouts, positive encouragement, soap, and restriction.

My kids are 6, 3, and 18 months. We also have one on the way. These work for our children and all have been adapted to their ages and personalities.

I have also used these methods on the children I babysit. Haven't had an issue with any child in my care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhernandez7208
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM

DD is 2 we spank with open hand on butt, its working i would say.She is told why she was spanked when she is.

Sirenabella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 AM

My son loses privileges or has to sit on his bed and think about his actions. He's 7. 

MBAwife2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Quoting Jsmommy0528:

Age three- timeouts and redirection

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Since they are teens -- embarrassing them in front of their friends.........and threatening to do so....

works ALL the time.

artsygirl2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Soap??? When I was little my parents use to put a bar of soap in my mouth when I was bad. I got really sick because of it. I hope for your childrens safety and health your not doing that method :(

Quoting Kenre:

We do many things. Timeouts, positive encouragement, soap, and restriction.

My kids are 6, 3, and 18 months. We also have one on the way. These work for our children and all have been adapted to their ages and personalities.

I have also used these methods on the children I babysit. Haven't had an issue with any child in my care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)