Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DID ANY ELSE OUT THERE ELOPE? MY DH AND I WERE TOGETHER FOR 4YRS THEN JUST

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

LAST MIN drove  to vegas and got married on dec 21 2005.  we  got rings on the way and were dh and wife by xmas day.  anyone else elope??

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom4984
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I did. Got married july 2, 2003 in south carolina wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

MsDean
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Not really elope but we did not have a a wedding. We did it courthouse style and our families knew.

ETA: PIC

I am like 6 months pregnant here =)

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Nah...just a good old fashioned courthouse wedding. lol

strongerthanB4
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I'm starting to wish we would. Planning a wedding no matter how small is still full of stress. I'm pulling my hair out over here and losing sleep worried if my wedding is going to look ghetto and tacky. I know none of that should matter but I have always cared what others thought of me.

Rydersmommy616
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 AM

BUMP!

mom2ljh
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM
Yes we did: Feb 3, 2006. It's been five wonderful years. We knew each other for six months before we got married. Our marriage is a beautiful thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoMluvsherkids
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 AM
We did! We couldn't efford all that wedding thing! Been with him for11years and just did it on august 19 2010 and were happy they way it did oh and we went to Beverly hills LOL crazy ha! Something way different were both from Chicago and just moved in L A!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmsbowtie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 AM
We were planning a big wedding and neither of us were really into it so I said let's just go do this and he said ok so the next weekend off we went and got married just us and a couple close friends...the only thing I would change is we woulda headed for the beach to do a small ceremony
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britewhitelite
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 AM

No, but back then with all the stress the wedding caused I wished we had.  I think they invented honeymoons so you could run away after the chaos of a wedding!!!!

Pink.Frosting
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:23 AM

We didn't.  I really wanted to and tried to convince him to but he was convinced that if we did that I would end up regretting not having our wedding.  It's 16 years later and to this day, I still regret not eloping and having to have the wedding!!!!  He knows it too.  If we had it to do all over again, we would definitely elope and skip all the wedding day fodder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)