Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you were younger..

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 AM
  • 31 Replies

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a surgeon. A brain surgeon to be exact. However we were poor and I could never afford that.

NOW I want to go to the police academy and be a cop. I can't wait!!! How about you?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serjil
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM

I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was younger, but I could never put an animal to sleep, even if it was the best thing for the animal. Also there is a lot of schooling to become a vet, and I hated school. I also wanted to be a cop or fire fighter. Since I have claustrophobia fire fighting was out, but I did become a deputy sheriff twenty years ago. Good luck to you. 

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM

A teacher.  I realized after teaching Vacation Bible School that I couldn't.  Kids are horrible.  Not all, but enough.

soon2bemomof307
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM

A lawyer but once I saw how much school I needed I changed my mind. Now I'm a licensed practical nurse but want to be a registered nurse some day.

MsDean
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM

A parapsychologist or a lawyer.

I doubt that will happen now, lol!

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Quoting serjil:

I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was younger, but I could never put an animal to sleep, even if it was the best thing for the animal. Also there is a lot of schooling to become a vet, and I hated school. I also wanted to be a cop or fire fighter. Since I have claustrophobia fire fighting was out, but I did become a deputy sheriff twenty years ago. Good luck to you. 

Good for you! I can't wait to begin my career. P.S. I also couldn't put a animal to sleep :( too sad/

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM
A scientist. I still want to be one, but its kind of unrealistic at this point. I want a PhD in geology, and a masters in biology and archaeology.

juicebox.

LoL  Rough crowd at the Bible school was it?  I kwym tho.

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

A teacher.  I realized after teaching Vacation Bible School that I couldn't.  Kids are horrible.  Not all, but enough.

FL2AK

A psychologist, I am a counselor so pretty close. 

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM

horrible children ;o)

Quoting juicebox.:

LoL  Rough crowd at the Bible school was it?  I kwym tho.

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM

DH says he wanted to be a pro surfer (lol). Now he is my favorite Airman in the Air Force!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)