Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christian Ladies (or anyone well educated in Christianity)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 AM
  • 51 Replies

A question has been nagging at me for a while now, and I mean no disrespect, I even capitalized "God" so as not to offend....so here goes...

God created everything, angels included. Lucifer acted a fool and was cast out. Lucifer is the corruptor, causing chaos and temptation with his powers of evil. (Don't laugh, I couldn't think of another way to phrase it!)

So, in essence, Lucifer gets his powers from God.

Why wouldn't God just strip Lucifer of his powers when he was cast out? Why did God decide to let him wreak havoc on humans?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purderil
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:08 AM

You have to have one in order to know the other - without good there is no evil, and without evil, there is no good.  Lucifer is the balance to God that provides the ability of free will and the power to make your own choices.

I was raised LDS, I don't attend church anymore, but that's my understanding of it. Just my thoughts!

catinseaside
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 AM

because God gave free will to all. Even his angels. God will never "strip" one of their control. But only we, as humans, can allow Satan to have control over us. :)

Militarywife07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 AM

That's a good question which I've never thought about before . But if you get an answer please let me know .

camsmami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:10 AM
This, and that's how God "weeds out" his true followers.

Quoting purderil:

You have to have one in order to know the other - without good there is no evil, and without evil, there is no good.  Lucifer is the balance to God that provides the ability of free will and the power to make your own choices.

I was raised LDS, I don't attend church anymore, but that's my understanding of it. Just my thoughts!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camsmami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:11 AM
I am really impressed at the answers your getting OP...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kriss1023
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Quoting catinseaside:

because God gave free will to all. Even his angels. God will never "strip" one of their control. But only we, as humans, can allow Satan to have control over us. :)

I'm gonna say this...

Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Quoting camsmami:

This, and that's how God "weeds out" his true followers.

Quoting purderil:

I agree with this. What is the point in having free will and the right to choose if there is only one choice?

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:14 AM
The only "power" Lucifer has is temptation. Temptations to do bad things. Through his temptations there has been and os chaos and destruction. But we have free will and can choose to follow Lucifer's temptations, or follow Gods plan. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bananahammock1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Quoting catinseaside:

QuantumLove
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 AM

I don't know if I believe in satan as a real being...but I do believe we have free will and we are influenced by people whether or not we deny that fact. I think others thoughts and energy can impact us enormously if we aren't aware of who we are and what we are capable of in ourselves. So if there really is this "satan being" why wouldn't he be able to influence people? That makes sense to me I think.

Quoting catinseaside:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)