Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

foreign vs american

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
A post read recently has me wondering how many on here have any idea what they are talking about when it comes to "american" cars.

like when I read someone saying they would buy a Ford over a Honda because they want to buy "american"

You guys do realize that for the most part, the "American" cars are made in Canada and Mexico right? And that the Nissans Hondas and Toyotas sold here are made here right? Because its cheaper for the Japanese companies to do it that way, and the "American" car companies get a break in their taxes to outsource.

I like to support American workers, not CEOs. I buy Hondas, Toyotas and saturns.

I'm just curious about those that get all huffy about it but don't seem to realize that the "foreign " cars are not really all that foreign
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
manda14311
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:11 AM
Sorry about typos I'm on my phone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:13 AM

I buy the 'foreign' cars because they run better...

So, I will only buy the foreign cars.(I love my Nissan and my VW)

My dad was one of those who only bought Ford... until he got his Toyota pick up.. says he will never buy another Ford.. lol

fallenangel7386
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:15 AM

BMW's are made here now too

Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 AM

I always assumed it was the country the vehicle was engineered in not so much where the assembly takes place that makes it american or foreign

manda14311
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:21 AM
Hondas and the like are foreign , I was just making a point about patriotism being misplaced kind of.

Quoting Jsmommy0528:

I always assumed it was the country the vehicle was engineered in not so much where the assembly takes place that makes it american or foreign

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saudimommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Japanese and German cars run better then American cars and last longer.  For example Ford dies after 10 years.  German cars are also a lot more tougher then American cars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)