Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so mean... I feel awful.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:25 AM
  • 3 Replies

So we made brief plans with my aunt and uncle to have a mini super bowl party. We were invited to several and I wasn't sure what DH had planned. So I went to see my uncle (who is my chiropractor) and my aunt (who is his receptionist) and I just kinda made plans. They were already having a party and the live 45 min from us. So I was like "Yeah, let me talk to DH and see what the plans are and maybe we will come up. What should I bring?  I have a new game we could play" She replied with "we are just having finger foods so don't worry about bringing anything". So that was Friday. Then 3 am Saturday morning I woke up to a horrible kidney infection (like that's all I needed. It came out of no where. 2011 has SUCKED for us). Anyways, I was doped on Morphine and anti-biotics that made me want to puke. And I slept most of Sunday. I didn't even think to call my aunt and let her know we wouldn't be up there. *I should add that we weren't their only guests, they had already had party planned before I talked to her.* So I slept, DH and the boys just watched the game at home. Well I found out today that my aunt (my uncle and aunt take care of her, she has a tracheotomy and is bed ridden) had gotten dressed and had my aunt (her sister in law) do her hair. I feel so awful. Like I don't know how much more I can take. On monday, we found out DS is deathly allergic to all nuts. And most trees. He is also allergic to to our pets, so we had to get rid of all of them.

My heart is so heavy. I just feel so defeated and like such an awful mother/niece/pet owner... in the entire world. :(

Okay I think I am done wallowing in self pity.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Awww did you let them know that you had suddenly become ill?  Things happen in life that no one can avoid.  Maybe try to plan another get together so you can still visit sometime.

Jsmommy0528
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Wow you have had a terrible year! I hope it gets better for you. I wouldn't worry about your aunt and uncle, I am sure the will forgive you *hugs*

catinseaside
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 AM

haha, :( Thanks for the sympathy. I am trying really hard to not be Debbie Downer. Which is the complete opposite of my personality. But I seriously want to become an ostrich and hide my head in the sand. haha.

Quoting Jsmommy0528:

Wow you have had a terrible year! I hope it gets better for you. I wouldn't worry about your aunt and uncle, I am sure the will forgive you *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)