Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? What the bleep for?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
Seriously? There's no snow, no ice, no bad road conditions at all, and they closed Karina's school today? I swear, one 'bad' weather report and Louisiana becomes stupid, lol. Last week they closed for good reason. But today? Not so much. Gah! The Bossier Parish School Board has idiots in charge...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madcrazymom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:05 AM
Is it suppose to be bad weather.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marluvspooh
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:07 AM

not an excuse but they close school here because there are a lot of "secondary" roads.

CasandraFinlay
... it's headed your way. I'm in the Dallas area and in ONE hour, it went from 47 degrees to 29. Brace yourself ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
They were forcasting snow and ice to begin at midnight for our area. It spit sleet for all of five minutes, and now, nothing. The roads are dry, and there isn't even ice in the perma-puddle at the end of our driveway. :P

Quoting madcrazymom:

Is it suppose to be bad weather.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannyLouisiany
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:08 AM
I'm jealous, OP!! send it down here to ascension if you don't want it :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bananahammock1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM

lol!! I think its so cute when people bleep their own words..

Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:10 AM
Thanks for the warning. :P To be honest, I'm more worried bc Karina LOVES school, and everytime they close she spends at least half the day in tears bc she wants to go. :( It breaks my heart. Weather is one thing Mommy CAN'T fix, lol.

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

... it's headed your way. I'm in the Dallas area and in ONE hour, it went from 47 degrees to 29. Brace yourself ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CasandraFinlay
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:13 AM
Set up 'cold weather school' in your dining room (pretend play). Get goofy with it and entertain her like crazy. I was a hippy-teacher last week LOL

Quoting Red_Tempest:

Thanks for the warning. :P To be honest, I'm more worried bc Karina LOVES school, and everytime they close she spends at least half the day in tears bc she wants to go. :( It breaks my heart. Weather is one thing Mommy CAN'T fix, lol.

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Lol. Yep, we're in AR and everything is shut down here too. Haven't seen a flake yet. Supposed to get dumped on today tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Haha, if I tried that she'd be laughng too hard to concentrate.

She told me that today, she's going to teach me how to read...this should be interesting. :P

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

Set up 'cold weather school' in your dining room (pretend play). Get goofy with it and entertain her like crazy. I was a hippy-teacher last week LOL

Quoting Red_Tempest:

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)