Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Somebody please give me a swift motivational kick to the seat of the pants!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  • 14 Replies

or at least a little sympathy.  lol

I have to write a paper today discussing the challenges and successes of yesterday's clinical experience.  I also have to write my  20 minute portion of a group presentation for PowerPoint (the entire presentation has to be 50 minutes long).  Tomorrow I have to go interview a leader in our community and write that up.  There's another assignment that I have to do for Monday that I can't remember at the moment.  ugh.  AND I have to work this weekend. 

Forget the motivational kick.  Somebody just shoot me now.  Please?   I am so SICK of school that I can't stand it anymore.  We're down to the finish line - only a hair over 2 more months left to go.  This semester is more work intense than any semester to date, and it's only part time credit hours!  UGH!  I can NOT get myself motivated this semester!  I'm just OVER all of this crap!

Getting back to the group presentation, my topics are time management for nurses and setting priorities.  I'm hoping I can find at least one or two youtube videos to eat up some time, but I'll be shocked if I can manage to do that.  I think I'm going to set up a game for my classmates for the priorities portion of the presentation - give them scenarios and let them practice their triage skills.  I should be able to kill quite a bit of time with the game.  lol 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:45 AM
You're almost done..don't give up now! Put a bill(utilities,mortgage,etc) next to you....that motivates me to finish school...more money lol! Good luck..you've got this! Keep pushing mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluejupalex
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM

HAHAHA!  That's awesome!  Thanks for the giggle!  I needed that!

Quoting Sassy762:

bluejupalex
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM

That's a great idea!  I'll have to do that!  I gave up the battle here at home.  I'm going to the school library.  If that doesn't give me a little motivational shove, I don't know what will.  If a classmate isn't around to give me a push, there will definitely be a professor around who's more than willing to take on the task!  lol! 

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

You're almost done..don't give up now! Put a bill(utilities,mortgage,etc) next to you....that motivates me to finish school...more money lol! Good luck..you've got this! Keep pushing mama :)

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM

yea- i cannot do school work at home. just doesnt happen... i either surf the web, watch TV, play a few games with DS, play the video game, get up and clean-- i find EVERY excuse to NOT do my homework! lol but it IS the final stretch here and i dunno about YOU- but me, i do NOT want to be held back another quarter b/c i failed a class, so every once in a while, i go to the hookah bar, smoke some hookah and do my work there-- calms me down, relaxes me, i'm still enjoying my time with some friends all while doing my HW.

bluejupalex
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Congrats on getting close to the finish line!  I can't do homework with friends - I really prefer to be totally alone and do my thinking in total silence.  The library is even too loud for me.  lol  I'm convinced I have adult ADD; I could probably try to do homework in a completely bare padded room and still find a reason to get distracted.  LOL 

I got some one on one time with a couple of professors today; I really needed that.  They somehow always know exactly what I need to hear.  I think I'm good for another week or so, then I'll probably need another kick in the seat of the pants.  lol 

lcappytan05
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Becky, get off your lazy ass and get it done!

lol, was that good enough? Seriously, you've worked this hard up to this point, there's only a little bit left to go...just get it done and over with...that's what I have to do when I have a mound of work to do...

bluejupalex
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM

LOL Cappy!  It's a good thing I love ya!  :-D  I got a lot finished this morning at the library.  I still have a little tweaking to do, but I'll be able to get that finished tonight.  (I'm going to start on the tweaking in a couple of minutes.)  Accountability is a wonderful thing.  I knew I could count on you guys to jump start me.  :-) 

Oh!  I figured out what it was that I kept forgetting!  We have a Domestic Violence test Monday.  whew.  That's a no-brainer - akin to underwater basketweaving.  :-D  No wonder I filed it away in the deepest recesses of my brain.  lol  I've had to take CEUs on DV every year for the last umpteen years - and I always ace the pre-test.  lol 

OK, cig is done....CM is done....I'm going to tweak for a little while!  Thanks for the pep talk!

Quoting lcappytan05:

lol, was that good enough? Seriously, you've worked this hard up to this point, there's only a little bit left to go...just get it done and over with...that's what I have to do when I have a mound of work to do...

Ktez2002
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Ahhhhh you just reminded me I have a paper due tonight!!! I better get on it! Good luck!

lcappytan05
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:22 PM

That's the spirit! Go kick some ass and take some names! lol

Quoting bluejupalex:

LOL Cappy!  It's a good thing I love ya!  :-D  I got a lot finished this morning at the library.  I still have a little tweaking to do, but I'll be able to get that finished tonight.  (I'm going to start on the tweaking in a couple of minutes.)  Accountability is a wonderful thing.  I knew I could count on you guys to jump start me.  :-) 

Oh!  I figured out what it was that I kept forgetting!  We have a Domestic Violence test Monday.  whew.  That's a no-brainer - akin to underwater basketweaving.  :-D  No wonder I filed it away in the deepest recesses of my brain.  lol  I've had to take CEUs on DV every year for the last umpteen years - and I always ace the pre-test.  lol 

OK, cig is done....CM is done....I'm going to tweak for a little while!  Thanks for the pep talk!

Quoting lcappytan05:

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)