Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wipe the seat! *Vent*

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a potty training toddler, so I'm spending a lot of time in public restrooms these last few days. We went to Golden Corral for dinner last night (it's a long story, we usually don't even go out on school nights) and my LO had to use the restroom. So I take her in there to go potty and out of four toilets, 3 of them had pee sprinkled all over the seat! This is not some nasty gas station, it's a family restaurant! If you are to good to sit on the seat and you pee all over it (which is behavior that my five year old SON manages to avoid) then wipe it off! There was a woman who had just come out of one of the offending stalls. When I walked in there with my daughter and saw pee all over the seat, I made it a point to say "I'm sorry baby. some people just don't know how to clean tee tee off the seat. We'll have to wait for the next one." The next one was clean (there were two empty, but they were also covered in pee), but I still took a wipe and wiped the seat down. We are grown women, and should be fully capable of not leaving pee all over the seat in a restaurant (or any where for that matter)! *Vent over*

19zxc-10a-1

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
serjil
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I agree. Some people's bathroom habits are just atrocious. 

paigesmommy5264
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:25 AM

ugh, thats soooo gross....I think mens bathrooms are probably more sanitary than womens..

orcadarwin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:26 AM

There is a saying that I always liked.

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.  

LOL!  It's just always stuck with me.  It drives me crazy when I see wet seats in the women's bathroom.   I kind of expect it from men, but not from women.  

5-kids
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Yep. Some people are gross. I work at walmart, don't even get me started on the bathrooms there. DISGUSTING!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Ewww.... I'll bet that's a lot of fun.

Quoting 5-kids:

Yep. Some people are gross. I work at walmart, don't even get me started on the bathrooms there. DISGUSTING!

19zxc-10a-1

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:29 AM
I never sit on a public bathroom seat but I can aim. I don't let dd either. I line it with tp first then she wraps her arms around my neck and I hold her legs...works for us. Ppl are nasty so I'm not sitting down or letting her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I remember hearing that, too. I always thought it was for boys/men.

Quoting orcadarwin:

There is a saying that I always liked.

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seatie.  

LOL!  It's just always stuck with me.  It drives me crazy when I see wet seats in the women's bathroom.   I kind of expect it from men, but not from women.  

19zxc-10a-1

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I keep clorox wipes on  me at all times and even if the seat is dry (rarely) I still wipe it down. Then I place double sheets of toilet paper on the seats before we sit down or the toilet seat covers if they have them in the stall (rarely)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)