Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this make me a bad mom?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM
  • 44 Replies

I am a sahm and my dh just picked up a second job. He wants to get a babysitter for the 2 older girls a couple of days a week. I asked him why and he said to give me a break and for everything to settle down with me the adhd depression and the meds i am on. My 4 month old would still be home with me while the older 2 are at the sitters. I told him i didnt want them to go to a sitter and he is insisting that they go. I just think it makes me FAIL as a parent.

i also told him i didnt want him to tell anyone what he wants to do. he usally tells his exwife and she tells her dd then they call and text to bash me about how i am a horrible mother because my dh helps me. he told me he wont tell anyone.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.kk.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I don't understand why so many parents think that needing help and appreciating a break every now and then is a sign of weakness or failure.

CountryStrong84
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I dont think it makes you a bad mother...

paigesmommy5264
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM

heck no! that doesnt make you a bad mom.. I would LOVE the break, and you should just take the time for yourself.. ENJOY!!

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Sounds like he doesn't think you can handle it to me.

momma_2_three
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM

No honey, it doesn't make you a bad mom. It just means he wants to help you by giving you a break. By all means woman, take it. We all need help, right now is your turn. Deep breath! Your a great Mother!

CountryStrong84
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM

sounds to me like he cares about his wife. Everyone needs a break every now and then.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Sounds like he doesn't think you can handle it to me.

CafeMom Tickers
samellis09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM

agree with this! everyone needs a break every once and a while!

Quoting .kk.:

I don't understand why so many parents think that needing help and appreciating a break every now and then is a sign of weakness or failure.

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Your not a bad mom. Sometimes we all need a break, maybe agree with him that they can go to a sitter once a week for a bit and see if that helps you. Your have not failed, sometimes us moms take on so much we don't relize how its making us feel. Your hubby noticed that you are getting tired and that he is trying to help out. I wish you the best of luck. If you just need to talk feel free to pm me.

ceashell707
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:38 AM

It will be great for your chldren to get away from you and interact with others during the day.  Nothing is worse then an older child with seperation anxiety.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

You are going through a lot right now. You have a man who understands that and wants to help make you healthy and happy. EMBRACE THAT ENJOY THAT the fact that you have such a wonderful man shows your success as a wife And the fact that you want your kids around shows you are a great mom    But sweetie ALL mommies need some help and ALL mommies need and deserve breaks. It means your human and THAT makes you a great mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)