Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They want to know why friends with kids don't have time? This is why! ;p

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TNmom2three
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I love it! Yes, what it takes others 15 minutes to do it takes a mom 45 minutes. Such as taking a shower and getting ready for the day. I don't just get out of the shower, do my makeup, hair and get dressed. I am also helping a 3 year old potty, finding shirts, underwear, pants, socks and shoes for 3 kids. Brushing their hair and teeth and answering endless questions about what, where, and why we are leaving. Not to mention the 4th kid of mine (dh) that looses jackets, and his favorite shirt or shoes.

I love it though!

m0ml0v3s2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM

I love it I am saving this for later use

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM

clapping

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I posted it on my Facebook wall, the only ones that seemed to like it and comment on it were moms HA HA

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I don't agree with Carolyn.

You can still make time for your friends.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Yes, I know...

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I don't agree with Carolyn.

You can still make time for your friends.

I still make time for my friends too, but not the marathon conversations I used to have.  I also don't relish calling my childless friend who is full of that crappy advice/opinions/judgment that some childless people dish out.

Her: "I hate it when people make excuses for their kids misbehaving in public 'he's tired', 'he's hungry'.  No, they're just poorly parented.  I'd take that kid out of here and put his ass in a time out.  There's just no excuse for shitty parenting". 

Me:  "Ummmm can you see that the little boy's cheeks are bright pink and his eyes are glassy?  He's got a fever.  Mom has sprite, ibuprofen, toilet paper, tissues, gatorade, new crayons, and a pack of pullups in her cart.  Looks like flu is going through the house.  She's stocking up on supplies".

Her:  "Still, that's no reason to let her kid whine through the whole store.  She should time him out.  Good manners should always be enforced".

Me:  "Yah, you need to shut up now".

I love my friend, but I call her less these days because I don't want to listen to her go on and on about how kids should be parented.  I have to wait until the kids are occupied or asleep and I'm not in the mood to complain about anything.

cadeesmommy0120
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Can I steal this for my FB?  I do make time for friends but it frustrates me when I can't do something and they get pissy.  I'm sorry, I'm a mom first and if I can't do something because my child needs me, or if I'm exhausted because of working full time and then coming home and doing all the normal things people do, then you're just going to have to deal with it.  I can't do things at the drop of a hat.  I've either gotta find a sitter or get my kid ready to go out with me...As long as I've been friends with some of these people they STILL don't understand.  And Cadee is 2!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)