Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day in your child's classroom

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM
  • 13 Replies

Are you doing anything special? Making cupcakes or goodie bags or something? I want to do goodie bags but I don't want to fill them with a bunch of candy. What else can I put in there? This is my first V-day for DS's class (he's in pre-k) so I'm kinda excited LOL.

~ Nicole ~

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Can you find some V.day fruit snacks? Pencils...

SilentMermaid
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Im making cake ball lollipops for my DDs class. Im not too sure about goodie bags....Im not a big fan because most of the time the stuff inside ends up in the garbage (no offense). Granola bars (like the choc. chip kind) are better than candy. Also maybe a little heart shaped cookie cutter to make cookie at home? Thats all I can think of :)

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I'm donating heart plates for the class party. DD bought Hello Kitty Valentines, and each child will get a Valentine's bouncy ball to go with it.

snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I did goody bags, they each have some stickers, bubbles, a pencil, a tootsie pop, an animal valentine card, and this balloon type thingy in them.

Gr8AZMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Ilike to put little party favor items in with some candy in goodie bags with a a custom made gift tag for each bag.  Go to your local $$ store or the party section of WalMart and buy some little trinkets for the bags!

Good luck!  I still do something for all my kids classes.  My 5th grader wants cupcakes for his class party! And my 1st grader wants cookies! So I will be busy tomorrow getting it all together since their parties are this Friday! 

twin boystwin boysarmy Proud mother to 4 handsome boys (18, 12, 6, and 4) and the proud wife to a devoted Army soldier!  HOORAH!

Mandymb

My 3 year olds class had a sign up sheet for there party and i'm bringing the chips and she got Toy Story 3 cards for all the kids in her class. My Kindergartner just has to bring her v Day cards. I helped with the Thanksgiving food and the rotate parent volunteers so i don't have to send anything this go around for her class.

They have lots of cute things at Dollar Tree for V Day bags.

ShirleyB335

Our school had rules about food being sent to the classroom- they had to be sealed and store bought, so we couldn't bake cookies and stuff like my mom did when we were in school.  When the kiddies were in pre-k and K, we did stuff like get the bag of pinata filler toys and divide them up into little bags, and add a small candy bar.  Stuff like that.  Now that they're older, the teacher sends a list of stuff they want for their party, and we sign up.  For the kids to pass out, we get cards and each child chooses a small candy or treat to give to their friends.

LucieLu
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

They are having a Valentine's Day party. We are bringing in Valentines for his class, and some celery because they are having a feast. It should be fun. My son is so excited!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM
I am making 45 mini heart cakes for both of my girls classes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djenesis81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Nope, not at all, we've been out of school for the past 7 school days due to snow so they never even got to send home anything about the party so I highly doubt they are having one on Monday.  They probably won't have school the rest of this week either and if we're lucky they might be able to go back on Monday since some of this snow might melt over the weekend. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)