Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for the SAHM's with kids in school

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM
  • 19 Replies

My son is in 1st grade and my daughter is in preschool in the am. I have been having a hard time with keeping myself occupied. What do you guys do all day to keep busy? Besides keeping up the housework, what else is there to do? Just looking for some ideas. I've been feeling pretty lonely lately.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChunkyMonkey25
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I go to school. That keeps me pretty occupied, without it, I will go crazy lol

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:53 AM

When DD is in pre school, DS naps. I have 2 hours to myself to watch a movie, read, or surf the web. I just enjoy the QUIET.

Crystallynn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM

school.....LOL- my kids are in 5th and 7th grade.  I just started doing school online, so it gives me something to do.  I do all of our grocery shopping and other errands during the day and I get together with a friend for lunch about once a week.

orcadarwin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Housework is about all I get done.  I'm a horrible housekeeper so it takes me a while to do it.

Little_Mamma230
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM
I try to get together with friends or other moms. Or I go out and do me things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeisboog

When dd#2 is in preschool I go to the park and roller blade with the dog and then walk the other. That is my main work-out time. I clean a lot and spend too much time on here giving "advice".

Joybeyondreason

I am volunteering with Hospice.

LiesLiesLies

I workout...shop...read...have lunch/brunch with friends....

Cindy1023
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Find something that you like to do....read a book, catch up on movies / tv episodes, go out for breakfast with friends, etc.  I have recently started volunteering at my son's school, and painting ceramics to pass the time.  DH also has lots of free time with work, so sometimes we just enjoy the time alone together.  When I was back home in NY, I  had my family close by, so there was never a free moment, they are always needing my help with something, and now I've got so much free time that I just don't know what to do with myself. 

motherof6kidos
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:57 AM

what about volunteering at your kids school? i know with budget cuts they can use alot of help! would give you something to look forward to and to get out from the normal every day stuff!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)