Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

riding the city bus puts your life in danger...and you will definitely get mugged

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  • 24 Replies
This is what my husband told me. He says that since I will be preoccupied with two small children I will not notice any potential dangers and I am putting myself in a risky situation, and that I should completely avoid the city bus.

Do you agree or disagree with his views?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slipperfeet
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM

disagree.

orcadarwin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I guess it would depend on what city you are in.  

ceashell707
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I live in Baltimore, I agree to an extent.  We have crime on busses and bus stops everyday. You just need to be very mindful of your surroundings, you cannot allow the kids to distract you. And carry mace!

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I disagree with him to an extent, though you have to admit a city bus isn't the safest place to be- depending of the time of day.  Then again, thousands of people ride the bus every day without incident.  I'm sure he is just worried about you and your kiddos, which is really sweet.

xxxAthena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM

i dont ride the city bus in any town i have been to..they are shady i dint like them..and dirty. but i suppose if i were in a place where public transportation was more heavily used and taken better care of i might.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM

well being that i take the city bus all the time esp since i don't drive i kinda disagree with him.  However on the subway I've run into a few shady characters over the years altho never been mugged, while riding public transportation anyway.  

What city are you in?

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM
We live in Northern Virginia, about 15-20 miles south of DC
Quoting orcadarwin:

I guess it would depend on what city you are in.  

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM

oh good lord. i dont think you would get mugged.

justgrape723
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM

????? never been on  city bus......country girl here

MicheleJM
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I disagree.  One can get robbed anywhere.  However you can always tell him fine, buy me a nice new car....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)